When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

I made a new years resolution to only allow me to buy 1 jacket and 1 pair of shoes for 2012. I already bought a pair of shoes, and I have 3 jackets in my shopping cart :embar:

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ find something to sell. I just picked up a pair of black shell duckie browns off of gilt. now selling a pair of the AS LW Suede shoes.

3. the_drizzle

the_drizzle Senior member

4. Patek

Patek Senior member

Well, I purchased it so we will see when it arrives (currently on backorder).

5. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    can i get this BB milano suit for cheaper than $600+tax?
    i really want it... fits great off the rack + free basic alterations including sleeve buttons, sleeve shortening, waist/seat of pants and hemming legs

do the BB 1818 milano's ever go below $500?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  6. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

I think that's about the best that you'll do. I bought that same suit on the 26th and I cannot recall the exact price, but it was 30% plus 20% off of the original of $1098, so I guess it cost $614?

If you like it, buy it. The Saxxon wool is very nice. Looks like a good fit on you as well. Lapels are a bit narrow, but what can you do (other than get a Fitzgerald, Regent, or Madison)? It fits the overall look of the suit. Keep your tie around 3"-3.25".

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Four reasons to buy the suit:

1. You will not do better buying from BB. BB just raised prices on 1818 suits by $100, so this model retails for $1,098 now. So, even if you wait until December 26th (the absolute best time to get a suit), it's still going to cost at least $615 plus tax (30% off plus 20% kicker).

2. Waiting until December 26th to get a particular suit is a real hit or miss strategy. Popular styles will be sold out in popular sizes by then. About the only thing you can count on is being able to get solid staple suits if you wait.

3. You do not know if BB will offer this particular suit again in 2012. You also do not know if you will find it on B&S in the exact size and style at a super discounted price (I think $350 is the going rate). There is also the issue that many of those suits seem to have been altered already, which may or may not matter to you.

4. I need someone to convince me to keep the cashmere herringbone sportcoat I bought this week that is a perfect fit and needs no alterations, other than the sleeves. I just bought a new suit and blazer and am having a tough time justifying yet another sportcoat. But, what are the odds that I'll ever find such a beautiful coat that fits so well and was marked 75%off?

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

^ The BB 1818 officially sucks, in my opinion. Noticeably lower armholes and wider shoulder blades than brands like Isaia, Corneliani, Caruso.
    It looks a lot less clean in the back. One of the main attributes advertised on the BB site is "high armholes," but this isn't very true.

Plus, I don't like the single vents. Glad I sold mine.

9. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

Madison fit?

The Regent fit has higher armholes and side vents.

10. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

this suit has a price tag of $998 ... so what does it mean?
    it's obviously on its way out with the 40% red sale tag ... to make room for new merchandise so yes there is a chance that this suit will no longer be available
    i can't find it on the BB website at all
    (it's a navy w/ triple pindot stripe)

i just ordered a BB gift card for $500 with 18% discount on one of those gift card reselling sites i've used before...
    if i receive the card in time before the sale is over, i am buying the suit

and ... i have no idea how #4 relates to me but thanks :slayer:
    (ok i get it)

11. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Fitzgerald.

12. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

fitzgerald has single vent
    i think the other 3 fits have side vents
    the suit i posted is a milano with side vents

also... you're comparing BB 1818 that can be had for $600 from the retail store on sale to suits that cost much more
    i'd love to get a RLBL but it would still cost me another $400 in store during a sale

13. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Corneliani's can be had for the same price, if not less, on B&S.

14. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

notice i mentioned "in retail store"

there is a big comfort in being able to try on a suit in person prior to purchasing AND being able to return it for a full refund if it does not work out

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

There is no end date on the sale, it's clearance. Tell the SA you cannot make it in for a few weeks and to set it aside for you. You may have to give him a credit card to hold it, but can exchange it and use the gift card at that time. As for #4, the reasons I'm telling you to buy are the same ones I'm telling myself for not returning my sportcoat. I just need to take my own advice.