When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I am extremely disappointed with my order. I placed an order late Monday night and it still has not shipped. When I spoke to BB customer service Wed. they told me I would receive a tracking # from Fed Ex soon. I never did and called back yesterday and they said they are so busy and so overwhelmed that everything is taking a while. Is that really my problem? I just spent a few hundred dollars with this company... The SA proceeded to gurantee the order would arrive mid-next-week (Wednesday) and I suggested if its not in my hand by Friday I will be calling them back. Such Mularkey!

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Here's the way I look at it: I plan for BB to take forever in shipping some items and am pleasantly surprised when it arrives as quickly as my recent order. In all seriousness, I thought it would take weeks to get my 1818 Fitzgerald and was fine with that when considering the huge discount. I'm currently still waiting for a blazer I bought during the 40% off sale in early December that is not supposed to ship until mid-January. I would not be surprised if that date gets pushed back a few more weeks, but am alright with that since I like the blazer better than what BB had in stock in the store at the time. I've just come to accept BB's inventory problems in light of how much I like their clothes and the huge discounts I am getting. As I said, plan for a few weeks delay and be pleasantly surprised when they do better.

3. Verniza

Verniza Senior member

How did you know this? Maybe I wasn't paying attention enough to the expected shipping dates.

4. WBuffettJr

WBuffettJr Active Member

5. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Do you actually think their suits are worth it at $550?

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

My SA looked in the inventory system at the time of purchase and called to ask when my size would be back in stock. BB has also since sent me an e-mail where I can check my order status. Was originally January 2nd, but is now showing up as the 7th.

7. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

When an online store offers a huge discount, I expect them to be overwhelmed and my order to take 7-10 business days. I'm not trying to pick a fight but I don't understand why this is so difficult for people to understand. Now, when I order an item at full price, I do expect my item in 4-5 business days.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

For me, absolutely - because of the fit. I am a 43L with an 8 inch drop and have a long history of poor fitting suits. I used to size up to a 44L in boxy cut suits (due to the unavailability of a 43L) with 38 inch waist pants. The end result was a jacket too big in the shoulder, too big in the waist and pants that just did not look right after cutting 3 inches out of the waist and seat. I was about at the point I was going to go with suit separates when a BB SA told me to try an 1818 Fitzgerald and just happened to have a 43L in stock. I was in disbelief when I looked in the mirror and saw how well the jacket fit me and that the pants would need minimal alterations. If someone told me the Fitzgerald cut was designed for my body type, I would absolutely believe it.

I used to buy Joseph Abboud suits from Nordstrom/Marshall Fields, HSM Gold Trumpeter suits and BB's Brooksease line (Madison cut). I've also tried on suits from Hugo Boss, Hickey Freeman (I believe it was a diffusion line) and Joseph A. Bank. None of these compare to the quality of the 1818 fabric and the way the Fitzgerald fits me - even though all were rougly in the same $450 - $650 price range.

Is it worth $550 to you? I don't know. If I were you, though, I would go try on a bunch of suits at local stores and compare them in fabric quality and fit to the BB 1818 you ordered. If you can do better, return the suit.

9. urfloormatt

urfloormatt Well-Known Member

Agreed, especially when we're talking BB. I never expect anything from them in a reasonable amount of time, so when it comes in a timely fashion, I'm pleasantly surprised. It was nice when they too finally acknowledged this problem and began offering free shipping to cardholders, though I believe that's set to expire end of March.

10. Pundit

Pundit Senior member

I got my 12/25 order with BB delivered on 12/28. While it was only for some sweaters and pair of shoes, I was still impressed.

11. deburn

deburn Senior member

My order was placed on 12/26 late evening and delivered today :D

12. swiego

swiego Senior member

I received my 12/26 order today morning. They came in excellent shape, and the gift wrapping was superb. :) All four shirts are lovely.

One has some slight collar stains. Generally would I attempt an exchange through the website, or might the local store be able to handle it for me?

13. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

both can do it. whichever is more convenient for you

14. Patek

Patek Senior member

I love sales!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, I'm picture whoring.

15. TexasDan

TexasDan Senior member

I have not received shipping confirmation for my 12/26 order yet. I am jealous of those who have already received their orders.