• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dasai

Reaction score
I ordered my wingtips on Monday the 26th. They shipped yesterday (Wednesday the 28th), and they're supposedly on track for delivery today. This is with standard shipping.

Seems like with Brooks Brothers' online store, you're either a VIP or not worth the system's time. Clearly, Skynet has a sense of humor.

Now, let's see how long it takes my family to send them on to me in Japan... Could very well be March by the time they show up.

T007

Reaction score
Order placed 12/26. Order shipped 12/27. Scheduled for delivery today 12/29. We shall see.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Between my days in retail in high school/college and with a serious girlfriend in the high end retail game, I would never abuse or encourage abuse. Returning an item with-in the guidelines they set is fine, including returning items tagged and with a receipt after a couple of months if they have an unconditional policy, or the ability to look up receipts. I have heard horror stories though from Nordstrom folks (gf included). People returning items that weren't even sold through the company, at any time, and the store just credits them money back for an item of similar value. I am not sure how those people live with themselves honestly. That is theft, plan and simple. Also people return 20 year old items to Nordstrom pretty often, according to people I know there.
I have often heard, especially on SF, of people having issues with Brooks and their customer service from returns and just general shopping. It is entirely possible but I have never found this to be the case when shopping there. My only some what "iffy" experiences were with the earlier mentioned young SA ,who was attempting to be helpful, he was just clueless on how things should fit. I humored him, but nicely showed him that I knew what I wanted and what I was talking about with specific suit fits. He still got a sale of some Peal and Co. captoes out of me.
My other one was in the same store. It was a somewhat snooty older female SA (who doesn't seem to be there anymore). She looked down her nose at me once when I asked a few questions about their spring line that had not arrived, she has noticed me once before browsing and I declined her help, politely. I think she remembered my face from the first time out and I was dressed in my soccer coaching gear as I was on my way back from a game and in the same shopping center as my local Brooks to meet someone for lunch. She acted like I couldn't afford to be in the store, when she said "Oh it's you again". The next time I was in to help get my cousin (owns a medical supply company) geared up for a major sales meeting, I saw her. I was dressed in a very well cut medium grey suit with a navy grenadine tie, and a navy blue gingham checked shirt, and highly polished brown captoes, with a simple white square in my pocket. I think she was surprised to seem me again, and surprised that I was dressed much nicer than anyone else in the store. Between my cousin and I we rang up a pretty sizable bill. After that her "Oh, it is you again" turned into "Hi, it is great to see you again".
On a more positive note, I have had that same store open early for me when I needed a tie, last minute, for a wedding (my order from Kent Wang did not arrive in time the night before). This was an offer from the manager, without my prodding or suggestion. She knew I was on a tight time table and unable to get to the store before the wedding unless it was at 7:00 AM, the day of.
I also get had written notes pretty regularly from an SA named John in the DC store (not my local shop, but I work in the city), thanking me for my buys, and letting me know early about major sales and events. This is pretty uncommon in this day and age, and I really have not spent an absurd amount of money in there. He is an older, and very well dressed, gentleman who has been with Brooks for like 40 years. Granted I have had pretty long discussions with him when I have been in there about tailoring, ties, shoes and so on, but he goes the extra mile. An old pro, so to speak, and he knows his stuff. Ask for him if you are ever in there.

Sounds like Susan at the DC Store, she did the same to me when I came into the store carrying my softball gear. The next time I wear on my way home from work and wearing a suit and I was her best friend. She always sends me notes now. I never shop at the Tyson's BB Store, worst customer service ever!!

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I placed my order of 4 shirts on Dec 25 - all 4 were 'in stock and reserved.' They got shipped yesterday (Dec 27) and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow (Dec 29) according to FedEx tracking.

Received my delivery just now....

$50 custom fees + duties :fu:

Last edited:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered my wingtips on Monday the 26th. They shipped yesterday (Wednesday the 28th), and they're supposedly on track for delivery today. This is with standard shipping.
Seems like with Brooks Brothers' online store, you're either a VIP or not worth the system's time. Clearly, Skynet has a sense of humor.
Now, let's see how long it takes my family to send them on to me in Japan... Could very well be March by the time they show up.

Order placed 12/26. Order shipped 12/27. Scheduled for delivery today 12/29. We shall see.

Damn you both? Mine hasn't shipped I am calling them now.

Johnny24

Reaction score

Sounds like Susan at the DC Store, she did the same to me when I came into the store carrying my softball gear. The next time I wear on my way home from work and wearing a suit and I was her best friend. She always sends me notes now. I never shop at the Tyson's BB Store, worst customer service ever!!

I can't say I know Susan by name, but if you pointed her out to me I would most likely recognize her. I don't shop in that store all the time but I have been in there enough to know the faces of most of the SA staff.

I have been to the Tyson's store a couple times, once also in soccer gear from coaching, put I paid off my BB card in cash and talked knits and grenadines with an older SA. He instantly gave me respect despite my Adidas track suit and running shoes. The other two times that I have been in there, my experience was mostly indifferent, I wasn't seeking help, and I wasn't really offered much beyond the "Hello, can I help you?" greeting I got walking in.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Keep the gators, return the ostrich (and I like the ostrich). The gator are good-looking and an incredible deal. Ostrich is generally less expensive.

I agree with this. Keep the gators.

FearlessHyena

Reaction score
Dude, I ordered on Monday the 26, selected two-day shipping, and it has yet to be shipped. I bought an Navy 1818 Two-Button Fitzgerald. This is my first buy from BB and I'm not impressed. I sent them an email this morning. Should I give them a call as well? I need it pretty quickly for a few interviews.

Damn you both? Mine hasn't shipped I am calling them now.

Verniza

Reaction score

I'm emotionally hurt that I'm not worth BB's system's time. I ordered on 26th and it hasn't shipped yet. Or is it that way for international orders?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm emotionally hurt that I'm not worth BB's system's time. I ordered on 26th and it hasn't shipped yet. Or is it that way for international orders?

I ordered the evening of the 26th and mine hasn't shipped yet...should be shipping today if in stock but I'm not in a hurry.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I have ordered online (including several times this year and a few times this month) my order has shipped the next day and I have received my order within 3-4 days. I have never paid to upgrade the shipping. All of these delay stories make me assume I have been exceptionally lucky. That said, if it always took 2-3 weeks to get my stuff, I don't think I'd care. I'm never really in a hurry.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Every time I have ordered online (including several times this year and a few times this month) my order has shipped the next day and I have received my order within 3-4 days. I have never paid to upgrade the shipping. All of these delay stories make me assume I have been exceptionally lucky. That said, if it always took 2-3 weeks to get my stuff, I don't think I'd care. I'm never really in a hurry.
I'm just curious, if you live in Chicago (per your avatar), why can't you just stop by a local BB store instead of ordering online?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
In the most recent example, I loaded up 4 shirts in my cart online, waited about a week for the 40% + 20% on the 25th and then completed the checkout. It allowed me to preplan my purchase and then execute in a matter of minutes. The time before was ordering an overcoat for 40% off under the same types of circumstances - I didn't actually have to go to the store that day (which may have been a busy day) to get the coat. My other December purchase was a sport coat. I walked across the street at lunch (I am just a block away from the BB in the loop), selected a coat, and had the tailor mark it up for me. I then came back the next day to pick it up as I was leaving the office. I guess it all depends on what type of purchase it is whether I prefer to do it online or in person.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I have a question regarding exchanging Brooks Brothers stuff. I just received a pair of Vintage Chinos from the 40% + 20% sale (2nd day shipping :slayer: ) and may need to exchange them. I bought the Clark fit on this pair because the Milano fit in the same color was sold out, and it's looking like the Clark fit isn't for me. If I exchange, I would go for a pair of Advantage Chinos in Milano fit. I noticed that the Advantage Chinos are discounted less than the Vintage Chinos, but they have the same regular price. Would I be able to exchange the Clark Vintage Chino for a Milano Advantage Chino straight up? Thanks.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a question regarding exchanging Brooks Brothers stuff. I just received a pair of Vintage Chinos from the 40% + 20% sale (2nd day shipping :slayer: ) and may need to exchange them. I bought the Clark fit on this pair because the Milano fit in the same color was sold out, and it's looking like the Clark fit isn't for me. If I exchange, I would go for a pair of Advantage Chinos in Milano fit. I noticed that the Advantage Chinos are discounted less than the Vintage Chinos, but they have the same regular price. Would I be able to exchange the Clark Vintage Chino for a Milano Advantage Chino straight up? Thanks.

You exchange based on what you paid and the current price, not the regular price. Ie if your vintage chinos cost $50 after all the discounts and the advantage say cost $40 currently, you would exchange them and have $10 credit left, usually refunded onto the original form of purchase or a store credit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads