When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. dasai

dasai Senior member

I ordered my wingtips on Monday the 26th. They shipped yesterday (Wednesday the 28th), and they're supposedly on track for delivery today. This is with standard shipping.

Seems like with Brooks Brothers' online store, you're either a VIP or not worth the system's time. Clearly, Skynet has a sense of humor.

Now, let's see how long it takes my family to send them on to me in Japan... Could very well be March by the time they show up.

2. T007

T007 Active Member

Order placed 12/26. Order shipped 12/27. Scheduled for delivery today 12/29. We shall see.

3. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Sounds like Susan at the DC Store, she did the same to me when I came into the store carrying my softball gear. The next time I wear on my way home from work and wearing a suit and I was her best friend. She always sends me notes now. I never shop at the Tyson's BB Store, worst customer service ever!!

4. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Received my delivery just now....

$50 custom fees + duties :fu:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

5. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Damn you both? Mine hasn't shipped I am calling them now.

6. Johnny24

Johnny24 Senior member

I can't say I know Susan by name, but if you pointed her out to me I would most likely recognize her. I don't shop in that store all the time but I have been in there enough to know the faces of most of the SA staff.

I have been to the Tyson's store a couple times, once also in soccer gear from coaching, put I paid off my BB card in cash and talked knits and grenadines with an older SA. He instantly gave me respect despite my Adidas track suit and running shoes. The other two times that I have been in there, my experience was mostly indifferent, I wasn't seeking help, and I wasn't really offered much beyond the "Hello, can I help you?" greeting I got walking in.

7. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I agree with this. Keep the gators.

8. FearlessHyena

FearlessHyena New Member

Dude, I ordered on Monday the 26, selected two-day shipping, and it has yet to be shipped. I bought an Navy 1818 Two-Button Fitzgerald. This is my first buy from BB and I'm not impressed. I sent them an email this morning. Should I give them a call as well? I need it pretty quickly for a few interviews.

9. Verniza

Verniza Senior member

I'm emotionally hurt that I'm not worth BB's system's time. I ordered on 26th and it hasn't shipped yet. Or is it that way for international orders?

10. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I ordered the evening of the 26th and mine hasn't shipped yet...should be shipping today if in stock but I'm not in a hurry.

11. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Every time I have ordered online (including several times this year and a few times this month) my order has shipped the next day and I have received my order within 3-4 days. I have never paid to upgrade the shipping. All of these delay stories make me assume I have been exceptionally lucky. That said, if it always took 2-3 weeks to get my stuff, I don't think I'd care. I'm never really in a hurry.

12. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

I'm just curious, if you live in Chicago (per your avatar), why can't you just stop by a local BB store instead of ordering online?

13. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

14. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I have a question regarding exchanging Brooks Brothers stuff. I just received a pair of Vintage Chinos from the 40% + 20% sale (2nd day shipping :slayer: ) and may need to exchange them. I bought the Clark fit on this pair because the Milano fit in the same color was sold out, and it's looking like the Clark fit isn't for me. If I exchange, I would go for a pair of Advantage Chinos in Milano fit. I noticed that the Advantage Chinos are discounted less than the Vintage Chinos, but they have the same regular price. Would I be able to exchange the Clark Vintage Chino for a Milano Advantage Chino straight up? Thanks.

15. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

You exchange based on what you paid and the current price, not the regular price. Ie if your vintage chinos cost $50 after all the discounts and the advantage say cost $40 currently, you would exchange them and have $10 credit left, usually refunded onto the original form of purchase or a store credit