• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I'm 5'11 1/2 to 6'0 ~ what length in chinos would I be? 34 or 32?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
32. im 6'2" and usually take 32. I like a slight break

Last edited:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

32. im 6'2" and usually take 32. I like a slight break

Thanks, I like a slight break too. So 32 it will be. I'm guessing there is minimal shrinkage when washed.

Last edited:

dab3z

Reaction score
I suggest that anyone who ordered when the sale started early this morning make sure their order actually went through. I was able to pull up my confirmation page from 1am this morning and search the order number and it doesn't exist. My order this afternoon worked.

prozach1576

Reaction score
I placed my order a few minutes after midnight and it seems to have gone through. There hasn't been a charge to my card yet but when I log into the site the order shows up as open.

swiego

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what sale is being discussed here that orders are being canceled for? I see the 40% + 20% sale going on right now. Was there another sale just prior to this?

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed my order a few minutes after midnight and it seems to have gone through. There hasn't been a charge to my card yet but when I log into the site the order shows up as open.

Most place won't charge your card until the order has been shipped.

dab3z

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what sale is being discussed here that orders are being canceled for? I see the 40% + 20% sale going on right now. Was there another sale just prior to this?

That's what I was referring to. My order wasn't even cancelled. Even though I submitted the order and got the confirmation page, I never got an email, the order number didn't exist and didn't show up on my account.

Just wanted to make sure that people checked to see if their order went through. I wouldn't even have noticed had there not been a comment on the 20% discount not being applied.

inq89

Reaction score
For anyone interested, still lots of Fitzgerald solid color suit sizes left. Ordered a navy for $555.98 including s/h and tax with the 30% + 20%.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who makes the peal and co shoes again?

dasai

Reaction score

who makes the peal and co shoes again?

Mostly Crockett & Jones and Alfred Sargent, with a small amount at the low end (just the crepe sole chukkas, I think) made by Loake.

From memory, the wingtips and the suede semi-brogues are by AS, the plain- and punched-cap oxfords and cordovan boots by C&J, and the calf semi-brogues by one or the other (they seem to switch up periodically; don't know how often). The easiest way to tell is to look at the last number printed on the lining of the shoe: 84 or 87 is AS, while 240 (or similarly numbered in the 2XX or 3XX range) is C&J. Don't have a clue about what last(s) Loake use, but they should be easy to identify based on price alone (under $300 at retail). Sales reps will also sometimes tell you if you demonstrate that you're aware of the different makers, but that's only if they themselves know.

Quality is usually characterized as "semi-handgrade" (with respect to Crockett & Jones), with channelled soles and better leathers / finishing than bench-grade, but without the full-length leather lining or premium-quality leathers of hand-grade shoes. The inside edge of the waist is also bevelled while the outside is not, which strikes me as a little weird, but easy enough to get fixed at the first resole. I've had no complaints with my suede semi-brogues thus far.

Last edited:

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
made an order for an obscene amount of shirts five seconds ago and it went through. pretty happy about this. are bbbf oxfords better than their regular (or enough for 2x the price, basically)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

made an order for an obscene amount of shirts five seconds ago and it went through. pretty happy about this. are bbbf oxfords better than their regular (or enough for 2x the price, basically)

Got some in B&S if you want to try a shirt for $20-$30 less than what BB is selling them for during the current sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads