When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

If I'm 5'11 1/2 to 6'0 ~ what length in chinos would I be? 34 or 32?

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

32. im 6'2" and usually take 32. I like a slight break

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Thanks, I like a slight break too. So 32 it will be. I'm guessing there is minimal shrinkage when washed.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011

4. rjsphd

rjsphd Senior member

I am 5'11" and my best length is 33"

5. dab3z

dab3z Member

I suggest that anyone who ordered when the sale started early this morning make sure their order actually went through. I was able to pull up my confirmation page from 1am this morning and search the order number and it doesn't exist. My order this afternoon worked.

6. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I placed my order a few minutes after midnight and it seems to have gone through. There hasn't been a charge to my card yet but when I log into the site the order shows up as open.

7. swiego

swiego Senior member

Out of curiosity, what sale is being discussed here that orders are being canceled for? I see the 40% + 20% sale going on right now. Was there another sale just prior to this?

8. amathew

amathew Senior member

Most place won't charge your card until the order has been shipped.

9. dab3z

dab3z Member

That's what I was referring to. My order wasn't even cancelled. Even though I submitted the order and got the confirmation page, I never got an email, the order number didn't exist and didn't show up on my account.

Just wanted to make sure that people checked to see if their order went through. I wouldn't even have noticed had there not been a comment on the 20% discount not being applied.

10. inq89

inq89 Senior member

For anyone interested, still lots of Fitzgerald solid color suit sizes left. Ordered a navy for $555.98 including s/h and tax with the 30% + 20%.

11. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

who makes the peal and co shoes again?

12. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

13. dasai

dasai Senior member

Mostly Crockett & Jones and Alfred Sargent, with a small amount at the low end (just the crepe sole chukkas, I think) made by Loake.

From memory, the wingtips and the suede semi-brogues are by AS, the plain- and punched-cap oxfords and cordovan boots by C&J, and the calf semi-brogues by one or the other (they seem to switch up periodically; don't know how often). The easiest way to tell is to look at the last number printed on the lining of the shoe: 84 or 87 is AS, while 240 (or similarly numbered in the 2XX or 3XX range) is C&J. Don't have a clue about what last(s) Loake use, but they should be easy to identify based on price alone (under $300 at retail). Sales reps will also sometimes tell you if you demonstrate that you're aware of the different makers, but that's only if they themselves know.

Quality is usually characterized as "semi-handgrade" (with respect to Crockett & Jones), with channelled soles and better leathers / finishing than bench-grade, but without the full-length leather lining or premium-quality leathers of hand-grade shoes. The inside edge of the waist is also bevelled while the outside is not, which strikes me as a little weird, but easy enough to get fixed at the first resole. I've had no complaints with my suede semi-brogues thus far.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

14. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

made an order for an obscene amount of shirts five seconds ago and it went through. pretty happy about this. are bbbf oxfords better than their regular (or enough for 2x the price, basically)

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Got some in B&S if you want to try a shirt for $20-$30 less than what BB is selling them for during the current sale.