1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

Before I bought all my Alden shell for BB, I would eagerly anticipate the Xmas day sale. It would go live at 12:01am on the 25th. EVERYTHING was 25 or 30 % off. No exclusions if i remember correctly.

2. Norwester

Norwester New Member

I received a mailer for the Semi-Annual Sale, running December 26 to January 2, in store and online. It said up to 40% off, and save an additional 15% on December 26-27, but no details on what it will apply to. I seem to recall that in the past the sale went live online one day early. Since most things were 40% off at some point during the recent 7 Days of Giving week, it looks like they may have had their best sales during shopping season.

3. Viral

Viral Distinguished Member

any NYC-area members want to split the 4 shirts/$200 offer? I don't need 4, just 2.

Please hit me up if you're down!

Happy Holidays y'all!

4. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member

5. Viral

you realize they will account for this scenario - they'll adjust the price accordingly so you pay full price. How is that a deal?

I wouldn't have asked otherwise........

6. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member

No they don’t. When you order, the receipt lists each shirt at the modified price. When you return, they refund the price listed on the receipt.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018

7. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

That’s been my experience as well. I haven’t bought much the past few years but when I used to buy a lot of BB shirts they normally refunded liked that.

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Distinguished Member

So does this work in the case you buy 2 ties at buy one get second half off and you return the higher priced tie?

9. Texasmade

I don’t think so since the ties would come up on the receipt as different prices. In the case of 4 shirts for $200, each shirt would show up on the receipt as $50 per shirt.

10. clarksdb

What about with the current tie offer? Buy 3 ties get 50% off. I guess not as it would show sum of three ties regular price. Then 50% off that amount. Instead of individually listing as half price for the 3 ties.

11. Texasmade

I’m not too sure on the tie offer. I’ve only done the return thing on the buy shirts/pants for $x00 type deals and not the buy whatever and get % off the next one.

I remember I did get really lucky one time and bought several hundred $ worth of clothes and part of it was the buy 2 pants for whatever the price was. I went to go return one pants since I didn’t like the color and the SA accidentally refunded me my full purchase of several hundred $. I told her that wasn’t correct and I should’ve only been refunded for the pants. She said don’t worry about it since she couldn’t undo the return and ring up my order again for the same price.

12. Viral

OK.........I learned something new. From what I recall, their fine print accounted for the price adjustment if you return any of the total qty required to get the sale price. I'll give it a shot.

@sjmin209 Thanks for the info!!

13. Texasmade

Good luck! I hope this trick still works for you.

14. clarksdb

What size would I be in Red Fleece Oxford shirt or t shirt?

I am 6'0 athletic built 180 lbs, in good shape, 15.5 x 34. I wear a medium slim in J Crew.

Should I order medium first or size up to large? I wear a medium in most things but the Red Fleece reviews all mention how crazy slim their stuff is.

15. ASNY2VA

ASNY2VA Senior Member

You are going to want to go with large in Red Fleece.