1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. 518aata

518aata Senior member

Typically, Brooks charges for alterations on sale items. But, their alterations charges are usually less than what a tailor would charge.

They pulled the free shipping over $200 offer for the after-Christmas sale. Tough to complain when you're getting 40+20 off.

2. forex

forex Senior member

It's funny, on Dec. 26 I was getting additional 20% off on sale items, now I am getting 25% off on sale items. I was getting 25% off prior to the sale. Go figure.

3. Patek

Patek Senior member

Same here. However, my SA honored the 40% plus 25% off pricing.

4. forex

forex Senior member

That's good, can you get EGs at that price?

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

No, my total was $184 and I was charged $13 for shipping.

6. 518aata

518aata Senior member

I started to order an additional 4 slim-fit OCBDs, but didn't see any extra discount (beyond the 40% off sale price), all the way through checkout. What am I missing?

7. forex

forex Senior member

I believe you are missing the discount, it must be tied to an account. I don't know why some have it and some don't.

8. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Maybe the additional 40% was for Dec. 26th only. I bought 4 dress shirts for $184.05 ($335 - 20% = $268 - 40% = $160.8 plus tax & shipping = $184.05).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  9. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I got free shipping on an order of about $350. I got a notice a few months back saying I was going to get free shipping on all online orders until early 2012.

10. Patek

Patek Senior member

I have been getting free shipping and BB has been sending everything two day air even though I'm not paying for it.

Received the wrong gator loafers today and snapped some pictures to compare them to my Guccis before returning them. Brown gators are arriving tomorrow:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/279068/thoughts-on-ostrich-loafers/30

11. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

^^^^ This just reminded me to get season 1 DVD set of Swamp People.

12. Patek

Patek Senior member

Thanks! Exactly the look I was going for.

Wait, which ones?

13. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Same, I spent $191 and got charged the shipping. I might be able to get it refunded since I just received an email telling me that one of the products I ordered is sold-out. However I doubt they will refund the shipping, BB has very stern customer service.

Anyways what's the typical turn-around time with their orders? It seems like they are verrrry slow. I ordered several items from J Crew and they arrived within 2 business days.

14. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Be sure to post pics of the brown gator next to the black gator (before you return them.) Then set up an obligatory poal to be judged. :)

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

I placed an order early december without free shipping and BB offered it a day later online. They gave me my shipping cost back. As for turn around, about 2 days processing.

Dieselman 2 business days? Was it express? J. Crew takes at least a week to deliver orders to me

16. dieselman89

No express, just awesome turn around. They did a great job I was really impressed.

17. swiego

swiego Senior member

I was charged shipping for my 12/26 order, whose bill came to some $350. Shipping cost was not too bad.

Still waiting for the order to ship.

18. dieselman89

Mine too, what's taking so long? Its Wednesday evening and I ordered Monday. This is a very slow turn around. So far I'm a little disappointed with my online purchase through BB. I received an email regarding one of the ties I wanted (and purchased) that it was no longer available... No this, who know's when my good will arrive.

19. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

BB is ass backwards when it comes to using a computer or any technology for that matter

20. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

I've had orders require two full weeks to ship when every item was in stock. That's how BB operates online.