1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

I doubt the desert boots are C&J or AS. They may be Loake. The Peal Desert boots are very similar to the Loake Sahara but much better quality.

2. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Was also debating on purchasing a pair. After looking up the Loake Sahara's, they look almost identical to the Peal desert boots. Probably Loake's, but is that a bad thing?

3. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

can someone help me choose between charcoal and slate for the Milano chinos?

4. LukeM

LukeM Senior member

^I believe the slate have a tint of blue, not 100% though.

5. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I doubt the desert boots are C&J or AS. They may be Loake. The Peal Desert boots are very similar to the Loake Sahara but much better quality.

After some close inspection I can say with 90% certainty that these are made by Loake. They seem to have identical stitching in the heel and the numbers on the inside of the shoe are identical.

However, the pair that I purchased from BB seem to made of much better leather (judging from Loake pictures) and judging by the last and stitching they appear to be far better constructed. Verdict is still out on welting. To my untrained eye it looks as though they could go either way. However, judging by the price point I think "no" is a safe assumption.

I like them but the chocolate I opted for doesn't look good on me at all, no matter what the pant color. Now just time to decide if I bring them back or exchange for another color.

6. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

The only color I seriously considered is the sand. Sand works great with blue jeans and most other colors, very versatile. To me desert boots are a warmer weather shoe and should be a lighter color. If you want a desert style chukka boot this one is one of the better ones I have seen at that price. If you want a dark brown suede boot for fall/winter get a regular chukka boot such as this. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize= Or you may consider the Herring Ilford, made by Loake. A little dressier and sleeker. I really like my pair. http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0 The color of the Ilford is more gold then brown as shown on the website but it's a great suede chukka. I have both the Loake Sahara in Sand and the Herring Illford. Got them from Herring Shoes.

7. bourbonbasted

The only color I seriously considered is the sand. Sand works great with blue jeans and most other colors, very versatile. To me desert boots are a warmer weather shoe and should be a lighter color. If you want a desert style chukka boot this one is one of the better ones I have seen at that price.

If you want a dark brown suede boot for fall/winter get a regular chukka boot such as this.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

Or you may consider the Herring Ilford, made by Loake. A little dressier and sleeker. I really like my pair.
    http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0

The color of the Ilford is more gold then brown as shown on the website but it's a great suede chukka.

I have both the Loake Sahara in Sand and the Herring Illford. Got them from Herring Shoes.

Thanks for the advice here. I am thinking that I am going to wear desert boots for walking around Europe for a couple of weeks. I bought the chocolate ones because they were in my size and I half wanted to make sure that when I walked around in them they fit properly.

Now that I've made a few laps around the house I think I've got my size settled. Thinking I'm going to go back and have them ship me the sand ones. They seem way more versatile and classic.

8. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

If you are set on a desert boot you should do well with the sand color. If/when they get a little dirty they will look even better.

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

just leafed through the catalouge. only 13 shoes on sale. of those only 1 pair of boots. the leather gusset boot on sale for $396

10. forex

forex Senior member

just leafed through the catalouge. only 13 shoes on sale. of those only 1 pair of boots. the leather gusset boot on sale for $396

I assume cordovans aren't on sale? Are suede tassel loafers on sale?

11. in stitches

I assume cordovans aren't on sale? Are suede tassel loafers on sale?

here is whats available starting the 20th. more than 13 pairs i missed a page

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. bourbonbasted

here is whats available starting the 20th. more than 13 pairs i missed a page

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought the sale was for 40% off? Or is that just for certain articles of clothing? It'd be disappointing yet typical if only the sub-par merchandize saw the 40% reductions. Looks like they're more or less setting that trend with the shoes.

13. JPYPSU07

JPYPSU07 Senior member

Called my SA yesterday. The non-iron shirts are going to be 25% off if you buy 2 and 40% off if you buy 4.

14. in stitches

I thought the sale was for 40% off? Or is that just for certain articles of clothing? It'd be disappointing yet typical if only the sub-par merchandize saw the 40% reductions. Looks like they're more or less setting that trend with the shoes.

yeah, not everything goes on sale. and of that which does only select items are 40% off.

15. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Senior member

Christ, did ANYONE answer your question. Just got the flyer: starts June 20, ends July 5.

Anyone know when the semi-annual sale begins? I understand that last year it was 40% +15% off

16. Willin

Willin Senior member

yeah, not everything goes on sale. and of that which does only select items are 40% off.

I plan on purchasing a blazer. Does anyone know the likelihood of blazers and such being discounted?

Thanks again!

17. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Should have bought the shoes I wanted at 30% off. I read that in 10 days it would 40% and got greedy and fucked up.

18. in stitches

Christ, did ANYONE answer your question. Just got the flyer: starts June 20, ends July 5.

i dont know did anyone answer his question?
    just took in the mail. 40% off semi-annual sale starts june 20th boys

here is another question since we are in the question asking mode. did ANYONE bother reading this whole thread. yeah thats what i thought [​IMG]

19. in stitches

I plan on purchasing a blazer. Does anyone know the likelihood of blazers and such being discounted?

Thanks again!

all mens blazers and sportcoats 30% off. reg $398-$648

summer sportcoats also 30% off. reg $298

PSA ya'll call 800.274.1815 or visit www.brooksbrothers.com and get on the mailing list. its free. [​IMG]