When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I'll have to check the leg opening on the Regent fit chinos then. Thanks for the help, that should help me make a decision on the Milano fit chinos.

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

lol
    that's genius!

unless if they somehow find 1 in stock and you get hit on your card for the full purchase
    i guess not a big deal since you can always just return it
    but a little inconvenience if that does happen

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Order size 11.5. I placed 3 orders for that boot. All 3 were canceled. Good chance it isn't available online. I'm sure if you called a store you'd find it however

4. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Love my Milanos. They are more formal than J Crews slim fitting chinos. I would say J Crew's SF chinos are more for leisure while you can where BB to work, with a navy blazer, nice dinner.. I own both so I get the best of both worlds, but I think BB Milanos look sharp.

5. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

BB Milanos are nice, relatively slim but not too slim or too tight. They remind me of APC's of chinos. BB doesn't seem to make any truly slim cuts at all (i.e. Inco or Mabitex). With that said, the Milanos are some of the only chinos that fit me properly (slim but athletic build).

6. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I put this return policy to the test today....

Bought 3 dress shirts about a month ago - 2 ESF and 1 SF (they didn't have the size I want in the design I wanted in ESF at that time.)

After wearing and washing it once, I realized I simply could not make the SF to work. After reading about the return policy here and reading it up on their website, I decided to take it to the nearest store to see if they would exchange it for another ESF shirt.

I spoke to an SA and he was ready to do an exchange but then his colleage overheard our conversation and jumped in to remind him they don't do exchange if the mechandise has been worn and/or washed. I told them nicely that I read about their 'unconditional return policy' and told them I interpreted it as 'We will exchange/return if you are not happy for whatever reason.'

I told them not a big deal but I will write to their corporate office. At which point, the SA asked if I would like to speak to the store manager. 'Sure' I said.

After some back-and-forth and after they checked my purchase history, the store manager reluctantly offered a one-time exception to allow me to exchange. He then asked if I am willing to make a donation to 'Make A Wish Foundation' which they are conducting in the store.

At the end of the day, I got my shirt exchanged and donated $88 (the price of a single ESF) to Make A Wish Foundation.

Oh yeah, and $10 for parking :fu:

So, I would say YMMV with respect to their return policy.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011

7. Patek

Patek Senior member

Hmmm, showing on back order but still took my order with a January delivery. By the way, BB is back to puting the additional 25% off when I placed my order. So, I'm not going to complain about not getting a love note and scarf in the mail from them.

Interesting. Last year my girlfrined bought me the shearling boot during the sale. However, they ran HUGE. So I had to exchange them multiple times before I got it right. The last time, the boots were worn but they took them back anyway without a hickup.

8. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Will be interesting. The stuff I'm looking to return are all new with tags and unworn. Just stuff I bought ~ 2 months ago and never had a chance to return.

9. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

You should have shipped them to the online CS address with a note. They would have taken it with none of this bullshit.

10. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

They'll take your stuff back.

11. WiseMenOfGotham

WiseMenOfGotham Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas SF! (December 26 - January 4)

Men:
    - All Cotton Dress Shirts (Cotton, Non-iron, Classic, Choose your Collar, Pinpoint, Polo button-down Supima Oxford), Non-iron Dress Shirts, Sport Shirts (except Country Club)- 3 for $159
    - Luxury All Cotton Dress Shirts, Country Club Sport Shirts- 2 for $159
    - All Ties- 40% off
    - 1818 Suits, Suiting Separates, Blazers, Sport Coats- 30% off
    - Dress Trousers- 30% off
    - Casual Pants (cords, cotton)- 40% off
    - Non-iron Advantage Chinos- 2 for $119
    - Knits- 40% off
    - Overcoats- 30% off
    - Casual Outerwear- 40% off
    - Boxers- Buy 3, 25% off; buy 6, 40% off
    - Underwear- 25% off
    - Nightwear (Pajamas, etc)- 25% off
    - Cordovan Shoes- $50 off
    - Peal & Co Shoes, Men’s Boots- 25% off
    - Socks- 3 pairs, get 25% off; 6 pairs, get 40% off
    - Bags, Leather goods, Accessories (including outerwear), Fragrances- 25% off
    - Stationery- Buy one, get one free
    - All Sweaters (Cashmere, Merino, etc)- 40% off

Boys/Girls- 40% off

Women:
    - Shirts, Blouses, Suiting, Skirts, Pants, Dresses, Coats, Outerwear, Sweaters, Apparel, Handbags- 40% off
    - Non-iron Miracle Shirt, Classic Essentials,- Up to 40% off
    - Accessories, Cold Weather, Fragrances- 25% off

12. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

That would have been my option 2. Didn't really want to be bother with the shipping and waiting.

I would have expected the manager to play the good guy after the SA playing the bad guy.

Nevertheless, I think I will be buying online rather than from the store in the future.

Shit!

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. I love my BB Milano chinos. They're now my go-to chinos.

14. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Thanks man, I was hoping 1818 would be 40% off. Does BB does free alterations?

15. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

Anyone want a coupon $25 off 100$ in store only? not valid on MTM or cordovan shoes gift cards monogramming alterations etc.

SA's can type the code directly into the computer. just shoot me a pm and i'll give you the code for it.

expires 12/31/11