1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Thanks a lot. I've never tried a Milano made in Italy. Do you mean to say that the Italian Milano fit is different from the USA Milano?

2. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Which is also the reason why I'm undecided, this is slightly big but not too big... Guess taking to the tailors 1st to see how he thinks before I decide if I want to keep

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

BB 1818 made in Italy Milano definitely fits differently than the made in China Milano sportscoat (made in China ones slimmer), no experience with the made in US Milano (does that exist? as suits/sportscoatsportscoat, guess Gooden Fleece?)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  4. js4design

js4design Senior member

Yes, they definitely fit differently. The USA Milano ran slightly larger, had more closed quarters, more wadding in the sleeve head and did not sit well on my shoulders. They have revamped the fit made in the USA last fall and the shoulders are much better and it fits closer to the Italian now, but I still prefer the Italian made fit. Thailand made isn't too far off Italian for me but it tends to run shorter, I usually go with a 38R and shorten the sleeves. Made in China fit (the washed lambswool last year was one) has a hit and miss fit and I tend to avoid it.

1 person likes this.
  5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

So, end up returning it, sizing still not quite right, I wish they made 36 in the Natural Craftsmanship collection...

6. MannyGermany

MannyGermany Member

There is a sale now through the 19th of April. I just picked up two 1818 suits.

7. 518aata

518aata Senior member

Several of the classic Peal (C&J) styles are on sale for $389, which is the lowest price I've seen in quite a while, especially given how much the MSRP has risen in the past few years. For some styles, there is a good run of sizes; for others, it's slim pickings. But it's worth a look.

8. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

I have two questions about the BB Rewards Points program and branded MasterCard:

1. Is there somewhere online where you can see your points activity (i.e. points earned, Rewards Cards issued)?

2. Does anyone remember the details about the recent "grocery store" bonus offer? I believe it was "make 5 grocery store purchases within a month on your BB MC and get a $20 Rewards Card".

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

When will a good sale come next where I can purchase Milano chinos???

10. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

There's a corporate sale next week I think.

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

But it's only 25% plus you have to have the credit card?

I am looking for around 40% off if possible?

12. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I think corporate sale just passed yesterday.

The semi-annual in the summer is probably the closest. You also don't need the credit card for the corporate sale. Only a corporate membership. You might be eligible if you can get an account at corporateperks.com

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017 at 11:18 AM
  13. Spex

Spex Senior member

The Corporate Member 40% off sales (I seem to recall these used to happen) seem to be a thing of the past. Even 30% off seems rare nowadays. 25% off appears to be their standard sale. At the end of a season (spring/summer...this won't be until perhaps August or later, and fall/winter, which just passed) is when you get the best deals, easily 50% off or more. However, if you are looking for a discount on the regular Milano Advantage chinos, then the 25% sales might be the best deal you'll get, since they are not seasonal items, and don't see the heavy discounts you get at the end of a season (also note that sizes are limited at the end of a season as well). You could find some Milano summer chinos for a good price when the summer is nearing an end.

Larry Laffer likes this.
  14. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I guess I haven't been shopping there long enough. I've never seen the CIS sales at 40% off.

15. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

25% with Brooks Brothers Credit Card; 15% off for other forms of payment. Works on sale items as well.

Larry Laffer likes this.