1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Right I understood that and was trying to find a post where someone specifically cited where they were rejected the discount, but could not find one from a cursory search.

2. althanis

althanis Senior member

Shell shoes are pretty expensive, even among "good" shoes; if I could offer some unsolicited advice, it would be to reconsider getting such an expensive pair of shoes as you're still new to all this. I know when you're new, and all the advice says buy the good stuff, it's tempting to rationalize getting the absolute best, but at this stage you might end up finding our that it doesn't eventually match your needs or liking.

A lot of the Brooks Brothers shoes are pretty good, and cost a bit less. You could consider those until you have things more figured out.

3. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

+1 to ramping up wardrobe in small steps

although if OP is sure he wants a pair in cordovan, the BB corp sale is one of the cheapest places (other than ebay) to get a first-quality cordovan shoe (but sales on cordovan tend to be SA specific!)

4. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Quick question. If I call a SA who I know to order sth and have it shipped to my home address, do they charge shipping?

5. Takster

Takster Active Member

Shipping is free if the item is ordered in store by your SA. The SAs at the BB stores actually prefer this since the store gets credited for the order.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  6. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

I've ordered stuff in-store before, & they've shipped for free.

7. Churchill W

What are people buying? Looks like shoes are discounted, but not 40% on most and lots of Cordovan not discounted.

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

FYI eBates had 8% cash back on brooks brothers today

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Very very weak sale. I remember back in 2010 or so the after Xmas sale was: 30% off ties and accessories, 40% off pants, 40% off shirts etc.

What the heck is this? Buy FOUR ties to get 40% off. I do not see straight 40% off anything.

1 person likes this.
  10. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Looks like the cheapest time to buy dress shirts as long as you are willing to buy 4.

I bought 4 OCBDs for $199 during the recent sale on Nov 27th. Today you can get the same for $192.27. If you also use the gift card promotion ($175 for $150) then you'd be spending about $165.

11. Bbwape22

Bbwape22 New Member

Hi sjmin, where do you see ebates has 8% today? it shown 2.5% at the site.

12. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

13. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

I stocked up on socks...I'm cool with effectively paying under $11 per pair of socks with the 40% (buy 6), 15% (kicker), 14% (gift card)...14 pairs for $150

These are made in England with 90% merino wool content and have held up well for me (line dry). Only issue with these is the navy is a very very dark navy, so they won't look good with a medium navy suit. The also make an OTC version.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Merino-Wool-Golden-Fleece[​IMG]-Sized-Crew-Socks/001D________NV___11_______,default,pd.html?cmp=ppc_us_GG_pla_Men%27sUnderwear&Socks&gclid=CjwKEAiA7_OzBRDA8OfT3orp51oSJACVqslIBOrT6HqB-gpRbA-BoBIY5Nuo7kuBbFpA4rdkuBAT2BoC3bLw_wcB

I'm considering trying the sea island cotton shirts with the 40% + 15% + 14%....anyone have any experience with the herringbone?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  14. Churchill W

I also see 8% on ebates and Mr. Rebates. Something called Splender is giving 12% according to Cashbackmonitor.

15. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

I guess we are getting off topic here, but I have good experiences with both Mr Rebat** and Ebat**. Befrugal is annoying and I don't recommend them- they make you call in to confirm your payment. I actually tried Splender last week so I don't really have any experience with them but I would suggest sticking to Ebat** and Mr Rebat**. Mr rebat** is nice because you get extra cash back for those who you referred. I had my wife refer me, so she's making a few extra $ every time I make a purchase.

16. inq89

inq89 Senior member

Pretty disappointed at this sale too. I post-Xmas sale is the best time to buy suits? Not even discounted this year. :(

17. Churchill W

I've had good experience with Mr. Rebat** and Ebat** too.

18. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I bought the pebble chukkas. Was 30% off with 15% kicker. Plus I bought the gift certificates so there was some additional savings there. Hope they're what I'm looking for. Anyone know what C&J quality they are? Somewhere between bench and hand grade?

1 person likes this.
  19. Gingham Check10

Gingham Check10 Member

Just an FYI. When I was at a Brooks Brothers store this morning, the 25% off for buying two or more ties was not coming up automatically at the cash register. I looked at the bill and only saw the 15% discount for today and tomorrow, so the cashier had to manually add the 25% discount for the two ties I was buying. The discount was coming up for the shirts, just not the ties.

20. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

What a joke of a sale. I'm pissed I even bothered waiting. I would have bought 4 shirts, maybe, if they had MIUSA OCBDs in my size in enough colors that I'd want, but all I can get is blue and blue university stripe. I was thinking of buying two plain white shirts just for filler, but F that. If they're going to the inflated MSRP, constant sale model, that 15% kicker just isn't enough incentive for me.

Hell, I'd rather have a broad "spend $150/200, get 40% off" so I could get the 40% on 2 shirts and 2 ties instead of them forcing me to either buy nothing or buy shit I don't really want. (I get it... that's the point of the sale. Force people into buying shit they wouldn't buy otherwise, but it's bullshit.)

Shitty inventory. Shitty discounts. Shitty sale.

3 people like this.