1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

Then use it dude but not on something you can just buy at full price like one shirt. I used mine and the sale they had last week on some Peal & Co shoes, Allen Edmonds and a new Blazer.

2. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Do the cordovan C&J shortwings or the edward green shoes qualify?

3. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

If anyone is looking to selltheor BB gift cards, please drop me a PM.

4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hey guys, it's been confirmed that black fleece will be 60% + 15% kicker on the 26th. Time to get those wing tip boots!

5. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Which boots are those? C&j? Pics or link?

6. othertravel

7. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

Not a big fan of the Black fleece label clothes. Too trendy and will not stand the test of time in regards to being in fashion. The workmanship is great and the materials used are A+! However, as i said too trendy which could be the reason by the creator of that line and BB went their separate ways.

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

9. othertravel

10. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

I was told by the SA today that shoes will be excluded from the 60% promo on BF items.

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

12. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

If I were you I would get the regular cashmere wool sweater in their main line. The black fleece one I saw was not a soft as the regular ones. To be sure stop by a feel them both and go from there. It might have been a different sweater than this one or you my like the rougher feel.

13. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  14. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

It is either Alden or Crockett & Jones. Without seeing the soles it is hard to say. On the other hand with it being in such a unique color scheme it might be by another vendor as it is a unconventional color. And it does not carry the Peal & Co name and is not cordovan leather. Most shoes in Brooks brother under the Peal name are C&J except the cordovan leather which by Alden. Additionally ,the Allen Edmonds shoes should have their name inside the shoe: Allen Edmonds for Brooks brothers.

15. BackInTheJox

Thanks. If it helps at all, I think these are probably the same manufacturer and at the same price point:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Spect...var_FH00039_Color=MDBR&contentpos=1&cgid=1601

1 person likes this.
  16. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I see the Black Fleece stuff is already marked down. Will the 66% off be off the lowest price? That would be some real good value for Black Fleece. The sale will be December 26th?

17. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

The description says "Imported" so no way they are Alden.

18. BackInTheJox

And these appear to be the same manufacturer and say "made in the UK". CJ? I don't know enough about the soles to know.

19. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

Alfred Sargent is also from the UK which BB also uses for their Peal & Co label.

20. js4design

js4design Senior member

The cordovan shoes that BB has carried for years are Alden, but the cordovan shoes with the Peal & Co. label are all made in England, and I believe they are all C&J.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.[​IMG]-Bluchers/MH00470,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00470_Color=DKRD&contentpos=20&cgid=0522
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.[​IMG]-Brogue/MH00471,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00471_Color=DKBR&contentpos=29&cgid=0522
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.[​IMG]-Cordovan-Boots/621H,default,pd.html?dwvar_621H_Color=BRWN&contentpos=32&cgid=0522