1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. N8ter

N8ter Well-Known Member

I suppose I could always try a return and repurchase if nothing else. Assuming they count that as in-stock, because I thought I saw mentioned somewhere the after Christmas sale only applies to in-store merchandise?

2. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Looks like semi-annual sale starts now on the website. Filson is excluded. Darn.

3. PreppyJ

PreppyJ Active Member

Yep, Semi Sale prices are up on the website (although the added 15% off kicker starts tomorrow).

I have to say, I am quite impressed. Basically all the outerwhere, polos, sport coats, and sweaters are 50% before the kicker. I honestly don't think I have ever seen such a great promotion from BB to date. I'm not sure why the sale is so much better this year than the after christmas one last year, but I'll take it with joy. Most sport coats are usually 30-40% off, but never basically all of them for 50%!

4. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

So Semi annual does not include clearance?

5. lawschooldropout

lawschooldropout Senior member

Damn, things I should have just purchased when there was the 25% off, the items I'd be staking out don't seem to be included in the sale.

6. demondeac

demondeac Active Member

Does anyone know if the "Design Your Own" suits are included this year? It was included for the Madison fit suits last year, but it doesn't appear to be active now. I'm wondering if it will be available the day after Christmas? Are there any BB SA's that can chime in?

7. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Yea i wasn't expecting 50% off. I should have waited on the SC i purchase during the 40% off sale.Too bad i already had it altered [​IMG]

8. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

any standouts?

i'm assuming the best time to kop is tomorrow when the 15% additional starts? is there a code for that?

9. 518aata

518aata Senior member

In the past, it has been automatic-- no code has been required.

10. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Many of the 1818 suits are half off already. Add the kicker on Friday and you can get some damn fine deals - better even than "'two fer' plus 30% corporate".

11. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

The only standout for shoes is a C&J suede chukka at 50% off (plus kicker makes it 57.5% off).

12. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

can't seem to find...

Link? Thanks.

13. heelguy

heelguy Senior member

Does anyone know the maker of the Peal Derby suede boots? Are they C&J or AS? Thanks.

14. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

15. RevisIsland

Couldn't find anything when I searched. Does anyone know if these are C&J or AS?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.[​IMG]-Perforated-Captoes/274H,default,pd.html?dwvar_274H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=6&cgid=0522

Thanks

16. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

17. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

They are C&J on the 240 last. I tried them on today. Very comfortable. The suede fits tighter than cordovan Peal boot but I guess that's to be expected. Thought I'd point it out anyway.

18. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

C&J 240 last. I have three pair. Black, brown (well worn), brown (lightly worn). I love them.

19. RevisIsland

Thank you. I think I'll give them a try.

20. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

I would like to chime in about these Brown suede boots. Having just acquired the cordovan version, I want more of the 240 last. I don't think it's available outside of brooks brothers, so 50% off +15% should entice anyone on the fence to give them a try.