• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any chance to get a fit impression?

Damn, I was looking at getting those. Is there hope for us wide footed folk?

They do carry them in a US E width (UK F), so there is a bit of hope. Sourcing looks difficult though, SA's national inventory looked scarce for a lot of those Peals...

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do carry them in a US E width (UK F), so there is a bit of hope. Sourcing looks difficult though, SA's national inventory looked scarce for a lot of those Peals...

When a D width on the 240 last was too narrow, my SA said he would get an E width to try it out. Never found out whether it would have fit or not because after a few months of waiting, I told him to just forget it.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got the chance to see the Peal & Co U-Throat Wingtip, and let me tell you, the color is stunning. It looks nothing like the website pics, so much that i had to do a comparison pic:

It's more of a rich brown/red (chili) color, which is fantastic. What last are these on, it has a decent tapering:

Before you get too excited about that color, ask to see the mate to that shoe. Brooks Brothers sometimes uses a display shoe for years. I have seen shell cordovan #8's which look more like whiskey.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before you get too excited about that color, ask to see the mate to that shoe. Brooks Brothers sometimes uses a display shoe for years. I have seen shell cordovan #8's which look more like whiskey.

I'm hopeful because this Brooks store just opened about 11 months ago, and the display shoe is brand new. But you're right, I'll have to check the mate shoe to be safe though.

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score
jubei I wouldn't get too excited. I tried that exact shoe on in the "E" width and could hardly get my foot in it. The carmina rain I tried on was definitely wider than the 341

rc121

Reaction score

Which shoe are you talking about? The U throat?

I didn't know the U-Throat Wingtip was on the 341 last...

yes, I tried on the u throat. it was a beautiful shoe and I had it ordered during the sale in May since it was under $400. I looked in the shoe when I received it and it clearly said 341. when I tried to get it on, I could not believe that it was a US E width. Going up a half size or even a full size would not have done me any good.

There's no harm in trying it on though, just don't want you to be let down thinking it will be wide enough for us EE or EEE guys.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes, I tried on the u throat. it was a beautiful shoe and I had it ordered during the sale in May since it was under $400. I looked in the shoe when I received it and it clearly said 341. when I tried to get it on, I could not believe that it was a US E width. Going up a half size or even a full size would not have done me any good.

There's no harm in trying it on though, just don't want you to be let down thinking it will be wide enough for us EE or EEE guys.

So, the same last as the Radstock?! For some reason the 341 last did not look so tapered on that model like this U-Throat. Here I was hoping to fit into the 348 last F width Hallam. C&Js keep eluding me... :(

rc121

Reaction score
ya I was really looking forward to these when I ordered them and thought they actually might work, but it was such a let down. I was actually really interested in the burgundy captoe medallion but they didn't have it in my size at the time. Might have to order it during the next sale just to see if its also on the 341. I recall reading somewhere that most of the peal and co were on the 341, but that was some time ago.

urfloormatt

Reaction score
Sept. 6 through Sept. 9 for Brooks Bothers Card Holders:

GESEPT for

$250 off $800 or more
$100 of $500 or more
$50 off $300 or more

*Offers are valid from 9/6/13-9/9/13 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time online and by phone, and until the close of regular business hours at all U.S. Brooks Brothers Retail and Factory stores, except Black Fleece stores. In order to receive the offer, the Brooks Brothers Platinum MasterCard
00ae.png
or The Brooks Card
00ae.png
must be used. Offer also valid at Airport stores and Canadian stores with the use of a Brooks Brothers Platinum MasterCard
00ae.png
. Applies to regularly priced merchandise only and may not be combined with any other discount or offer. Excludes watches, Edward Green, Harry's of London, JP Cricket, Scarpa and men's cordovan shoes, Black Fleece, Made-to-Measure and Special Order clothing and charitable items. Discount does not apply to taxes, shipping and handling, monogramming and engraving, and alterations or personalization. Not valid on previous purchases, or for the purchase of a Gift Card or eGift Card. If you return any or all merchandise, the dollar value of this promotion is not refunded or credited back to your account. Void where prohibited by law. No cash value except where prohibited, then the cash value is 1/100 cent. Subject to credit approval. The Brooks Brothers Platinum MasterCard is issued by GE Capital Retail Bank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and Platinum MasterCard are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Does this stack on top of the corporate discount? When I attempt to checkout, the corporate discount seems to override the above even though this discount would be better. But I know sometimes these discounts don't "show up" until you get the confirmation email.

Last edited:

Grenadier

Reaction score
Any word on when the September double corporate discount sale will be? I need a pair of the u-throat wingtips.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't quote me, but on or about Oct 17th the corp will be 30% for that one day.

Not sure of any similar offerings in September.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
An SA told me that they will be mailing out 40% off in september. Anyone else heard about this? Or will it just be to certain customers (who haven't bought much)?

anakin

Reaction score
^ I've received an offer in the mail for 40% off one item in Toronto.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads