• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GRAD10

Reaction score
You're going to want extra slim. "Slim Fit" is really more of a regular fit.

I doubt you'll be able to exchange for the same sale price at a later date, but that's just a guess. Call customer service and ask.

Thank you ChetB
smile.gif

docka

Reaction score
Another question...

Is it possible to taper the arm holes and sides with BB extra slim non-iron shirts? I heard some people mentioned that the seams pucker up if tapered/altered. Just wanted some opinions before making a decision on these shirts in case I need it bring it to a tailor.

twofish

Reaction score
HI jdlc do you have any measurements for the extra slim fit sports shirt (red fleece) vs the 14.5/32 dress shirt extra slim fit. I tried the small extra slim sports shirt in a small (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/White...var_MG00935_Color=WHIT&contentpos=5&cgid=0297) and it was still kinda big and I'm thinking about the extra small instead. I also tried a14.5/32 extra slim dress shirt i think it was (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Supima
00ae.png
-Cotton-Non-Iron-Extra-Slim-Fit-Button-Down-Collar-Broadcloth-Tattersall-Dress-Shirt/ME01022,default,pd.html?dwvar_ME01022_Color=WHIT&contentpos=20&cgid=0203) and it fit a little better it seemed. So are the measurements for extra slim 14.5/32 dress a little smaller than small in extra slim sport? I got the opposite impression from talking to a sales rep on the phone. BTW I'm about 5'8 and 125? lbs and looks very skinny, so not much of a drop at all but do have shoulders. Think the extra small in extra slim will work for me? lol Thanks for the help!

jdlc

Reaction score

HI jdlc do you have any measurements for the extra slim fit sports shirt (red fleece) vs the 14.5/32 dress shirt extra slim fit.  I tried the small extra slim sports shirt in a small (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/White...var_MG00935_Color=WHIT&contentpos=5&cgid=0297)  and it was still kinda big and I'm thinking about the extra small instead.  I also tried a14.5/32 extra slim dress shirt i think it was (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Supima -Cotton-Non-Iron-Extra-Slim-Fit-Button-Down-Collar-Broadcloth-Tattersall-Dress-Shirt/ME01022,default,pd.html?dwvar_ME01022_Color=WHIT&contentpos=20&cgid=0203)  and it fit a little better it seemed.  So are the measurements for extra slim 14.5/32 dress a little smaller than small in extra slim sport?  I got the opposite impression from talking to a sales rep on the phone.  BTW I'm about 5'8 and 125? lbs and looks very skinny, so not much of a drop at all but do have shoulders.  Think the extra small in extra slim will work for me? lol Thanks for the help!

Pm sent

jasonmx3

Reaction score
I am flying to New York for July4th weekend. If I buy now, and the shirts dont fit me, will I be able to exchange a different size shirt for the same deal price in the store?

I welcome any other tips as well.

Thanks

I've exchanged items before in-store that I bought online during one of the big BB sales. As long as you exchange it with a similar item (e.g., same shirt, different color/size), then you shouldn't have any problem exchanging it even after the sale period.

Last edited:

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I have a question about their shirt sizing. I just tried on the extra slim fit dress shirt in size 15/33 I bought last year, but I have been hitting the gym more frequently ever since and now I feel like the arm holes are a little bit too high. By sizing up to 15.5/33, can I expect slightly larger arm holes?

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a question about their shirt sizing. I just tried on the extra slim fit dress shirt in size 15/33 I bought last year, but I have been hitting the gym more frequently ever since and now I feel like the arm holes are a little bit too high. By sizing up to 15.5/33, can I expect slightly larger arm holes?

Yes, but it would make more sense to go with your proper size (15/13) in slim fit. It will be larger in the chest and shoulders, which is what it sounds like you need. If it's too billowy in the torso, just have a tailor take in the sides.

jdlc

Reaction score
Another question...

Is it possible to taper the arm holes and sides with BB extra slim non-iron shirts? I heard some people mentioned that the seams pucker up if tapered/altered. Just wanted some opinions before making a decision on these shirts in case I need it bring it to a tailor.
It is possible. By tailoring the shirt, it will no longer have the non-iron guarantee because of the puckering. Some are fine with this and are also OK with the look. The skill level of the tailor seems to play a role as previously mentioned by others.

Pelotonia

Reaction score
Well, I guess they have had some issue with the software, all shirts are on sale right now. Quite pleased with some of the things, I snapped.

Last edited:

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SC's are still 30% off...glad I bought mines last week during the 1 day sale

surrender

Reaction score
For some reason, dress shirt sale prices don't show up if you're logged into a corporate membership account.

Anyway, I snagged 4 extra slim fit shirts - 3 button-down collar, one spread. Maybe I'm lucky, but they fit extremely well and $49 is a great price.

docka

Reaction score
For some reason, dress shirt sale prices don't show up if you're logged into a corporate membership account.

Anyway, I snagged 4 extra slim fit shirts - 3 button-down collar, one spread. Maybe I'm lucky, but they fit extremely well and $49 is a great price.
Isn't it 52 dollars? 40% off 88 dollars is 52.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads