1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

We've been through this before. The boots are A&S, not Loake.

2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Just placed my order for the Rancourt Cordovan Boat shoes. They finally had them in my size and for 30% off I think I got a pretty good deal.

3. Pochette

Pochette Well-Known Member

I still cannot figure out why you insist those boots are Sargents. Everything he said is correct in identifying them as Loake.

4. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

I insist that these boots are Sargents because they're made by Alfred Sargent, not by Loake.

I know that they're made by Sargent, because instead of staring at online photos and pretending that I know what I'm talking about because someone at some point in an online forum I've been a part of for only a month made some kind of claim about nail patterns, I've actually handled the boots. On the inside, they're labeled with a Sargent last & width: 87D.

The only visual identification that is consistently accurate has to do with the Peal font. Brooks Brothers uses one font for Peal shoes manufactured by Crockett & Jones, and one font for Peal shoes made by all other makers.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Sorry, I haven't been in there in a while. I'm almost positive it was Loake, but a really nice Loake. Loake has been using that same grouping of 3 nails on the better shoes they make for CT too:
    http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shoes...75,||||||||&ppp=17&sortBy=Price (Descending)#

I don't think I've seen AS or C&J use a nail pattern like that before.

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

This is correct. On some models at least, AS is using a single-row nail pattern which previously signified C&J. And I concur that 87 is a Sargent last.

Referring to another post, Sargent is using that crescent of embossed dots across the sole.

7. impendingdoo

impendingdoo Active Member

Did BB raise prices throughout the site?

Many of the items that were on sale are ~20% higher now

8. laufer

laufer Senior member

I concur, I handled those boots and yes they are on 87D last which is AS last.

9. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anyone else get Black Fleece over the weekend at 30% off. I was able to get white oxford cloth classics. The San Francisco SA was great about following through, calling me and shipping to my home so I could take advantage of the sale price. Excellent customer service.

10. SchoolyardBully

SchoolyardBully Senior member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  11. kdv10

kdv10 Well-Known Member

After reading the post above regarding the black fleece sale, I stopped by their store in San Francisco and was pleasantly surprised on the fit and finish of their OCBD shirts and picked up a few. Thanks for the heads up!

I also eyed this shoe they had available. Can I get some opinions on this?
    Also, can someone help to identify the maker of this shoe/last below? It says it is made in the UK if this will help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Should be C and J and 325 last

13. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kdv10 [​IMG]

After reading the post above regarding the black fleece sale, I stopped by their store in San Francisco and was pleasantly surprised on the fit and finish of their OCBD shirts and picked up a few. Thanks for the heads up!

I also eyed this shoe they had available. Can I get some opinions on this?
    Also, can someone help to identify the maker of this shoe/last below? It says it is made in the UK if this will help.

What's the pricing? Stevent - I think C&J has a custom last for all BB shoes right?

14. kdv10

kdv10 Well-Known Member

Thanks Stevent for the info. JezeC, it price after the 30% off is $488. Burgundy calfskin.

I have my eyes on the Ralph Lauren Marlow Short Wingtip Cordovan in dark brown (also made by C and J). However, this shoe seems a bit more formal due to the close lacing? Would you think this is a good substitute?

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Black fleece traditionally have stuck with 325 last it should be written inside shoe as well

16. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

Thank you for your reply Fred. I ordered the boots and will report back.

17. kdv10

kdv10 Well-Known Member

I just looked inside the shoe, it does note number, 325. Thanks for that info!

18. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Is anyone else thinking of picking up anything from this spring/summer sale or is 30% off not enough? Thinking about some seersucker or dark summer pants, e.g., linen.

19. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

wait till after fathers day...it'll be 40% off

20. impendingdoo

impendingdoo Active Member

did you guys notice that the prices were marked up atleast by 20%...

i feel like even with the post-fathers day sale, it wont be at a significant discount.