• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stylego

Reaction score

But taking advantage of such a policy for personal profit is not only in poor taste, but it's also the type of behavior that drives companies to change their policies to be much less friendly.

Agreed! It's why Costco killed their 3 year return policy on electronics. People would keep their flat panel TV for 2 1/2 years and return them for a free upgrade.

johnnyletrois

Reaction score

I own the Traveler Storm 3/4 coat. I bought it a while back during the 25% off sale, but got a free pebbled leather duffle (guess it's worth the extra $105 you get off now).
Basically the jacket is great and worth the $523 I paid for it (and it's cheaper now at $420!). The only thing to keep in mind is that it is slightly boxier, less slim fit than the pictures. I had mine tailored a bit and it fits well now.

I got the same duffle with my peacoat. Not that impressed with the quality of the bag.

WiseMenOfGotham

Reaction score
December 13-14th:

20% off everything with a Brooks Card, not sure if the corporate discount will stack or not. Enjoy!

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the same duffle with my peacoat. Not that impressed with the quality of the bag.

I was not particularly impressed with the bag either, but I needed a duffle anyway and figure if I purchased the bag separately probably would have paid $200-250 for it (I know BB said retail $500 but I don't buy it). I haven't tested the bag much yet so it'll be interesting how sturdy it is vs. one they made as a cheap give-away.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I own the Traveler Storm 3/4 coat. I bought it a while back during the 25% off sale, but got a free pebbled leather duffle (guess it's worth the extra $105 you get off now).
Basically the jacket is great and worth the $523 I paid for it (and it's cheaper now at $420!). The only thing to keep in mind is that it is slightly boxier, less slim fit than the pictures. I had mine tailored a bit and it fits well now.

Sporty, any feedback on sizing? did you size up to compensate for SC/suit jacket or TTS? Thanks

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sporty, any feedback on sizing? did you size up to compensate for SC/suit jacket or TTS? Thanks

If you wear it over a suit I would buy it true-to-size. I usually do not wear mine over a suit (I'm in healthcare so usually don't wear jackets) and found the fit slightly large over a shirt or sweater only.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

easy_golfing

Reaction score

I've had these shoes for several years and haven't noticed a problem. In fact, I liked them so much that I just bought a pair in black from SF seller Steve Smith.
Are the buckles gold?

yup, they are gold. there seem to be some tarnish (not sure what else they are) present

easy_golfing

Reaction score

If you're not satisfied with them, I'd send them back. Brooks is generally very accomodating about returns/exchanges.

yeah, might just exchange them... really nice shoes. The leather on these feels much softer than my AE's, will these stretch more? The toe box is just a little cramped.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever tried sizing down in a BB slim fit non iron shirt? I generally wear a 15-33/34 and on I am looking at a 14.5-33 do you think it will work? Shirt is on sale for $40

WBuffettJr

Reaction score
I'm a 15.5 35 and can wear a 34/35, but am miserable in a 34 because the sleeves are too short, limit my movement in an annoying way, and I feel ridiculous.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone ever tried sizing down in a BB slim fit non iron shirt? I generally wear a 15-33/34 and on I am looking at a 14.5-33 do you think it will work? Shirt is on sale for $40

why would you do this?
it's not like a shirt can't be found on sale for $40 ever again
buy the right size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads