1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

You can't. I asked. My SA said just buy one with the 40% off instead.

2. TM79

TM79 Senior member

A little outside my comfort zone but I bought that Brooks Brothers Own Make SC in nantucket red, or some such shade ...

40% off made it an easier venture outside my comfort zone and it also fit nearly perfect off the rack. Very slight sleeve length adjustment and that's about it.

That SC is in the spring look book, I think, but not on the website because I just went there a second ago looking to provide a link to it.

3. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Picked up the Peal & Co whole cut medallion using 40% off, but thinking about returning them since I found out they are corrected grain. Anyone have these and have experience with the leather?

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I'm surprised to hear that about Peal & Co shoe uses corrected grain leather. If you don't mind, where did you get your information from?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  5. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

I was surprised as well since I got them without giving it second thought. I initially thought the leather was a little plasticky, but figured C&J (who I believe is the maker) doesn't use corrected grain. Here is my source:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/227575/quintessential-crockett-jones-thread/3630#post_6212410

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Huh, I wonder how many of those shoes use Calvary Calf or corrected grain leather? Do keep mind however that not all Peal & Co shoes are made by C&J.

7. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

8. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

9. taylorswift

taylorswift Active Member

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

any luck with the 40% coupon in the SF store?

11. carlos20co

carlos20co Well-Known Member

How does brooks brothers usually take to process and ship an other? I placed my order on Saturday and it hasn't been shipped yet. I called this afternoon and they told me that it would probably ship tomorrow or Friday.

12. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Sounds about right for weekend order since it takes a couple of days to process beginning on Monday.

13. carlos20co

carlos20co Well-Known Member

My order was finally shipped today, i didn't get an email notification from brooks though, I checked the status online.

14. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Going to give the 40% off cordovan a shot with my SA tonight.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

ill try the same later this weekend... assuming they have my size..

16. 518aata

518aata Senior member

Brooks' "Luxury" shirts are on sale for $59. Regular retail $185. A broad selection available in regular, slim and extra-slim fit, in both non-iron and must iron.

I have a bunch of these. The fabrics are terrific. The only difference I can tell between these and my Golden Fleece shirts are the buttons. (The GF shirts have thick MOP buttons, while those on the Luxury line are plastic.)

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Luxur...dress-shirts,default,sc.html?lid=leftnav-menu

Remember to use bb15 for an extra 15% off and Shop Runner for free two-day shipping.

17. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

Fwiw, I tried buying the EG loafers with the 40% off coupon in the Michigan Avenue store and they would not give it to me. Annoying since the exclusions on the card were pretty ambiguous and felt like it was a waste of my time to try and draw me into the store.

18. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

Thanks for the heads-up. Picked up a $185 dress shirt for $55 shipped (including tax).

19. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Fyi - brooks borthers is honoring the 40% coupon for phone orders even if you did not get the coupon. I emailed customer sevice and was told to call in, reference the email and was given the discount. I didnt push my luck with cordovan, but it may be worth a shot for someone to try if your SA doesnt budge.

If the person who answers the phone seems clueless, ask for Alan or Rebecca. I had good experiences with them.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  20. smartie-pants

smartie-pants Well-Known Member

PERFECT! It worked! They honored the 40%! All I had to do was be nice, ask for it and be nice some more.

BTW: what's the expiration date on the 40%? (I'm not pushing my luck on another purchase, just curious so I can share this with friends)