1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

I haven't been able to conjure an answer to this question from Google nor by any other means. Help me out?

(1) BB non-iron pinpoint shirts don't shrink at all -- or, in my experience, shrink so little that it's not worth mentioning.

(2) BB must-iron oxford shirts shrink quite dramatically (cold wash, air dry) -- so much that I need to order .5" up on both collar and sleeves.

So, the question:

(3) BB must-iron pinpoint ??? How are those for shrinkage?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. Troilus

Troilus Senior member

I've found they're also particularly good on staffing during corporate days (probably since they know they're repeat customers). The last two years I've rolled in 10 minutes before closing due to work; they've never hurried me out (I also bought two suits both times, which helps them stay patient).

3. seven7seven

seven7seven Senior member

Hate to bump this, but does anyone know?

4. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

Depends. I believe they give you around a $500 limit on the card when you open it. It may vary from person to person depending on what you fill in. They usually put the max on it and the remaining balance on another card or whatever you pay with.

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

That seems low, hard to buy a suit for $500.

6. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

That's the mastercard limit. They don't give you an amount depending on the clothing costs, it's just standard amount. They really don't care what you're buying. It may differ for some, but I've seen lower for some people too. You just put the rest on another card or cash.

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

If you want a limit higher than $500, then just apply a few weeks before you want to make the purchase. For me, the $500 limit was only until I received the actual card and a notice of what the real limit would be. I bought an overcoat at 40% off plus the additional 15% off last December.

8. seven7seven

I just spoke with someone at BB who says the 15% cc discount and the 30% corporate discount do not stack... Is that universal or should I try another SA?

9. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

He's wrong.

10. seven7seven

Anywhere this is written?

11. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It's been common practice to stack the credit card dscount on top of the corp sale.

If they didn't let you stack, there wouldn't be an incentive to get the credit card.

12. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

Are cordovan, Peal and EG included in the 3/20 event?

13. Cuttingboard

Went to BB today and picked out 3 suits for the corporate sale and had them marked for alterations. Since I will not be charged till the 20th, I'm curious what alterations are included, if any?

14. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

Technically only trouser hem, but many SAs will do "what it takes" (waist, sleeves, etc.).

Golden Fleece gets lifetime free tailoring.

15. Cuttingboard

I hope so, I had cuffs, suspender buttons, leg tapering and taking in some in the chest.

16. js4design

js4design Senior member

They'd normally charge you around $50 for the waist and $10-20 for tapering, but if they didn't quote a price, it sounds like they threw it in since you purchased 3 suits.

17. SmellBlind

SmellBlind Active Member

I have a couple of those and they shrank quite a bit. I'd say equal to or slightly more than the oxfords. I warm wash and hang dry.

18. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

Good to know. Thanks, SmellBlind!

19. Cuttingboard

Fingers crossed...the only price quoted was a re-shaping of one of the suit pants to take out the single pleat and that was $70. Everything else should be standard procedure alterations (cuff, suspender buttons, sleeve length, waist, crouch, sides of the jacket).

With the 2 for $1700 promotion and 30% corporate discount, the first 2 suits were $600 each and she added a third for the same price! :D

Therefore, I bought 3 suits at 50% off. Here's pics of 2 of the 3. The third being my favorite, Regent Fit Saxxon Wool in Slate Blue with small Navy and Grey Pinstripe.

Regent Fit Black/White Glen Plaid with Blue Stripe
    [​IMG]

Grey Saxxon Wool Sharkskin Windowpane
    [​IMG]

20. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

Anyone know why the models always wear coats that are too roomy in the waist and short in length? Their shirt sleeves seem a tad short all the time too...