1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. msulinski

msulinski Distinguished Member

I have a hard time believing they are selling 2 full-canvas suits for $699 while a single 1818 half-canvas suit goes for 1k+

2. Locke42

Locke42 Active Member

Well, on the same page it says the BrooksCool suits are "imported." To me, that says they were made in China (or Thailand, or whatever), whereas 1818 suits are generally made in the US or Europe. Considering that relatively small online MTM sellers can make full canvas suits for about $700, economies of scale would suggest that a large company like Brooks Brothers could get a better price. Especially considering these are only partially lined and use synthetic blend fabrics instead of 100% wool.

Combine lower material cost with lower labor costs and economy of scale, I think a $450/suit price point is achievable.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

3. raphaelargus

raphaelargus Well-Known Member

I saw these in-store last year. There is a label on the inside that states "Fully canvassed".

Whether that's actually true or not, I can't say, but I don't see any reason why they'd bother lying about this.

4. msulinski

Hmm, well, it is tough to argue with the label. That would be outright false advertising if it were a lie. I don't think BB would pull something like that.

5. Locke42

Locke42 Active Member

Are BrooksCool suits well made enough to serve as a primary suit?

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Distinguished Member

Sure.

All BrooksCool which I have seen have had a Full Canvas label and have been made in China.

7. Troilus

Troilus Senior Member

Well, then they are. Good to know. They must have have changed them, then. I'm looking at my suit, and it has no such label.

Absolutely possible. The Benjamin Sartorial line does this for $500 a pop, and it doesn't have close to the economy of scale BB does.

8. Locke42

Locke42 Active Member

Cool. I might just take advantage of the "2 for $900" sale, then, because I often find myself too warm in normal suits. I'm just a little worried about the durability of half-lined suits.

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Distinguished Member

Correction: BB also uses the BrooksCool name on khaki poplin jackets which are made in Thailand and have no Full Canvas label.

10. msulinski

Does anyone know if the corporate discount stacks on the BrooksCool 2 for $899?

Edit: Or if that 40% off coupon works on the pair?

11. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member

Corporate discount usually stacks. The first coupon says 40% off one item--I doubt it would work. THe other says 20% off all in-store purchases. It should work.

12. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur

I just got an invitation sized mailer from BB today, and I was all excited because others had reported getting coupons.... it was a Supima cotton catalog.

I hate you all for ruining this for me.

13. msulinski

Anyone know how they decide who gets the coupon?

14. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

It was said that Claudio wanted to select customers that haven't been in store for awhile; assuming this was a reconnect promotion.

The best shoes by far are the Allen Edmonds in my opinion. Oddly enough our online doesn't state certain shoes are Allen Edmonds when they are in fact just that. I own our Peal & Co. double monk straps that look great but the comfort I get from my Allen Edmonds are hard to match.

When I don't feel so under the weather I'll answer the other questions I noticed.

15. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur

I haven't gotten anything since before the semi-annual sale. Sad =(

I guess I'll just wait until the semi-annual sale in June.