1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

didn't work for me [​IMG] I tried using the card code and it just gave me the same 15% off. I don't want the card for any reason other than today's sale and stacking it. It'd save me almost another $150. Did you do something that I'm missing?

2. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

It didn't work for me, either. Sucks that I now have a new credit card account that I really didn't want or seem to need.

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Y'all should go to your local BB store and complain about it or maybe call up Customer Service and tell them. I'm sure they would adjust your total.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

I think I have determined the problem. I did my account setup and order on my tablet. Supposedly, there is a pop up after setting up your CC account that you use to get the extra 15%. Being on a tablet, I didn't see the pop up and thus didn't get the discount. After a long conversation with customer service, they are going to give me the credit. They were very nice about it, too.

If anyone else is having this problem, I'd certainly call them. Saved me an extra $125 plus.

5. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

I'm going to do that. Currently, an estimate 25 minute waiting period on the phone. I didn't get the pop-up either.

EDIT: I just talked to them and they told me that I cannot get the 15% off with the card. I just opened it today and explained it as well, and they essentially told me "too bad", and ended the call on me. I did not receive the same customer service that you did.

I opened the card solely for the discount, was told I would receive the discount and it would stack. I relied on this information, whether correct or not, in making my decision to open an account. Between that and the rude tone of customer service I am angry.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  6. Ubryaj

Ubryaj Member

Wow, glad I didn't apply for the credit card even though I wanted the extra 15% off. Seems like too much of a hassle and I really didn't want another card. I did sign up for Shoprunner trial for the free shipping and I'm wondering how hard that will be to cancel.

7. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I signed up for Shoprunner, ordered yesterday, and tried to cancel today online. Upon trying to cancel I was offered an additional 90 days free. At the end of the 90 days, the membership cancels automatically (they don't bill you). If you make three Shoprunner purchases within the 90 days, you get another full year free. So if I use it, I get free Shoprunner through March 2015. Pretty good deal.

8. Doktor Corn

Doktor Corn Active Member

I called customer service and was told they would credit me the 15% if I called the card company (GE credit?), which I did, and there I was told that my order had actually been declined. At first the card company told me they could give me my discount, but I could not use the card because of a $300 limit; then I was told I could not get the discount AND I couldn't use the card until I had it physically, but not because of the credit limit; finally, I was able to make the purchase by splitting the payment between two cards, and the discount was credited to me. I would suggest calling back and trying again, but you would probably be better served bringing your purchases to a physical store to demand the discount or return the items.

9. otc

otc Senior member

Shop runner is free if you have an amex

10. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

anyone have experience with the "dobby" texture shirt?
    the mini-BB store i went to today did not have any in stock and i got home too late to order online with the extra 15% discount
    so i'm thinking i will probably go to the bigger BB store and do an exchange
    but would like some feedback on the "dobby" texture

right now, i have the mini herringbone non-iron supima cotton shirts

11. punit12

punit12 Active Member

I made an order 48 hours ago and it's still on "submitted". It's being delivered to the UK too so will probably take ages!!

12. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Whenever I see a young lady paying in front of me by using two credit cards, I think, maybe you should forego the Iphone 5 and the Coach purse.

13. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I ordered around 1 AM 25 December and received my shipment confirmation for part of my order last night.

14. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Typically takes about a business day to ship after order.

15. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Like I said I have done this before with other store cards, and the discount for opening the card did not show up on the original order; the discount showed up on my card statement. I don't know if that's how BB does it, but if I don't get that discount, I have saved the Brooks Card approval page and will complain like hell until I get that 15%.

16. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Senior member

How are the gator wallets????

17. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I didn't get anything this year because they removed the Brooks buys for buying 2 suits. Otherwise I might have picked up a couple of new suits. Oh well. I will save my pennies for the next clearance sale.

Also, BB is starting to feel a bit more like JAB. I bought a polo the other day, and it has changed price at least three times since I bought it - going as low as $20 and as high as $60, and it isn't clearly moving in one direction.

18. punit12

punit12 Active Member

Thanks, mine was shipped today - 3 days after I ordered! Fedex delivery estimate says I'll get it in 10 days...

19. AlexE

AlexE Senior member

Hi - forget the 10 days quoted by FedEx. I had ordered a few things for shipping to Germany earlier this month. The package arrived a whole week earlier than the quoted delivery day. I cannot see why it would differ for the UK unless customs there would be much, much slower.

Order processing took 3 days for me too - never experienced this while still living in the US, so I assume this might be something specific to international orders.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  20. punit12

punit12 Active Member

Ah, thank you! That's great to know.