1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. sclls

sclls New Member

I believe GF/BF is free for life except for stuff like working buttonholes. They have a pricesheet but I think a plain pants hem is free.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Probably Thailand. Cotton / Wool blend according to description.

3. nhindian

nhindian Well-Known Member

So my Brooks Brothers is having a 50% sale on everything in the store until Christmas, and an extra 15% if I sign up for the card.

4. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

Really. Which store is that?

5. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

I'm calling BS. EVERYTHING??? I doubt that.

6. TM79

TM79 Senior member

It could be true. Not all of them carry Golden Fleece, Black Fleece, and some of the other more expensive things from the site.

I live in Boston and the BB closest to my work carries none of that. Wouldn't surprise me if they did a storewide 50%.

7. js4design

js4design Senior member

That sounds like an outlet sale, not a retail store sale.

8. AMProf

AMProf Senior member

I'm thinking outlet as well. OP should remember you're typically getting stuff made for the outlet (346 line), not the same quality you get in the standard retail outlets.

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

This. I was at the outlet mall today (and the 50% off sale was in progress last weekend, as well). After Christmas, merchandise from the mainline store will be back to the normal 70% off. I usually head straight for the "70% off" rack, so I save time by skipping most of the "346" stuff.

10. xolin

xolin Member

Are we expecting a Boxing Day Sale?

What might it include?

I am looking to snap up a nice 1818 Milano. Would this be included.

Also, is it a better bet to jump on it online, or risk going in-store?

Thank you.

11. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. xolin

xolin Member

Much appreciated. I skipped that page and only saw the outlet discussion.

13. Essential

Essential Senior member

Does anyone know the SA that normally posts here? The previous one, Mr. Webb, no longer works at his store and I need someone to hold some items aside for the sale on 12/26.

14. xolin

xolin Member

Darn. 30% off the 1818 won't fall in my budget.

15. nhindian

Sorry guys, the 50% sale I quoted was outlet only. The BB site didn't make a distinction so I didn't know until I called about the shoes :embar:

Can anyone make some recommendation about shoes to target during the 12/26 sale? Definitely going to get some AE Strands and 5th Ave, but am open to anything else worth a look!

16. rschwartz

rschwartz Member

Can someone explain how to go ahead and reserve items prior to the 12/26 sale? I am looking at several suits online (have not stopped at a store yet) - can I pull these or only items that are available in store?

17. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Pretty sure you just need to find a sales associate at your local store who would be willing to put items aside for you and then ring them up @ sales price on 12/26.

I suppose you could also try adding items to your bag/cart online now, refreshing the page on 12/26 and seeing if the prices update - no idea if this works or not. I'd lean toward saying no.

18. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

So I had an SA reserve a grey Fitzgerald Harris Tweed Herringbone for the 26th. I'm not sure if I should cancel it tomorrow and I keep going back and forth. It would be my second sport coat but I am not sure if it is worth the ~$450 or not or if I should wait for a better sale or ebay/thrift it. There was only one in my size though out of the few stores I visited.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  19. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

If this is only your second sport coat I would not recommend grey or tweed. Grey is harder to pair with trousers and tweed is rather seasonal IMO.

20. nhindian

My SA just called and said the sale is in the system now and I can buy the items he is holding today.

25% off, stacks with 15% for opening a card.

No idea if extra kicker...