1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Dranakin

Dranakin Well-Known Member

Likewise. It doesn't seem to recognize my membership number.

2. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior Member

Picked up a pair of rw 4553 with the corporate 30 off, super excited! Anyone know if there are ever higher discounts, I want a pair of cordovans, but they are just Soooo expensive

3. AriGold

AriGold Distinguished Member

to be honest, paying full price for the cordovan makes you appreciate it more anyway. so just buy it. If the 30% works, get it now, because it doesn't go higher than that. feel rich bro, feel rich...

4. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

30% is the most you are going to get anywhere, just buy, prices are going up always anyways

5. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior Member

seems like asking about discounts is really looked down upon here at sf,I guess I should rephrase and say that I'm not totally comfortable spending $700+ on shoes, but still really dig the material and build of the C&J cordovans

6. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur

I don't think that is the case, but BB normally pulls their cordovan for sales. 30% is really the best you're going to get.

7. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

No complaints. I have a pair in black and a pair in brown. They are my daily drivers.

8. AriGold

how did you comprehend that getting discounts is frowned upon? this thread was created for the purposes of finding the next BB sale!

Anyways if you're talking about the C&J you could wait for 60-80% off. You might not get your size but you can always size up and wear it slightly too small or even a bit roomier with extra socks (i've worn cordovan shoes with 3 pairs of socks and a gel insole because they were 1.5 sizes too big). Can't really tell the difference anyway.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013

9. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior Member

where did you manage to find cj at 60-80 discount?!

10. msulinski

msulinski Distinguished Member

Seriously? You can't tell the difference, except for the fact that you have 3 pairs of socks on?! I personally recommend against getting something that does not fit well just because it looks like a good deal. I have done this, and find that I tend not to wear my ill-fitting shoes, just like I don't wear my ill-fitting suits. Ultimately this makes for a bad investment.

11. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior Member

i totally agree, i refuse to buy anything that doesnt fit, regardless of the brand, discount etc

12. AMProf

AMProf Senior Member

Thankfully sometimes on SF people jump in right away to correct those "really bad advice" posts that come along.

13. AriGold

i told the dude that 30% is a good deal - best he is gonna get on them. yet he was ungrateful, did not say thanks, and claimed that we all frown upon getting discounts.

So instead i told him what he wanted to hear, which is get the shoes for 60% :)

14. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior Member

So...when is the next Brooks Brothers sale?

Some recent posts said that Friends & Family was 1 or 2 weeks after the Corporate Event. The Corporate Event was on March 14, but last year the Friends & Family was in early May.

I need to pick up a pleated tuxedo shirt to wear with a military dress uniform for a ball in May. Anywhere else I should look other than Brooks? I'm a 16-1/2" x 37" in ESF, but there isn't any ESF option for the tuxedo shirt. It doesn't look like many other makers stock 16-1/2" x 37". I might have to bite the bullet and buy Slim Fit. Shoulders will be a little large on me, but probably passable. I hope it doesn't have a box pleat.

15. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member

According to today's mail: March 22-April 1 25% off Preferred Cardmember Event for those of you with the BB Credit Card.

In other news, can anyone comment on the quality of the Red Fleece suit jackets?