When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

ShopRunner is quite awesome and are always shipped within 2 days.

I don't think you'll get your package on Monday since you ordered your items Thursday. Say they ship today (Friday), should get to you by Tuesday.

2. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

LOL - I have no muscles;;;; Yes, I was recommended the Milano but they are no where to be found at Georgetown, DC, and Tysons store. What gives? If I can wear RLBL then I think I can wear Milano. The Milano at E.Zegna is not slim fitting...but I digress.

3. suited

suited Senior member

Wanted to get some ocbd at lunch and found out the store near me doesn't carry any extra slim fit shirts at all. WTF, and this is a large store in palm beach. Has the country really become that fat that it doesn't make sense for a retailer as large as BB to carry these?

4. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Online. I started getting all my shirts online 'cus the stores (RL) didn't carry tailored-fit shirts

5. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

The store in Toronto is better, but not by that much. There's a wall of the regular shirts, a slightly smaller wall of the slim shirts, and then about two small shelves of the ESF shirts. That being said, I think that they can order shirts in for you if you want, but it may depend on the particular store. Personally, if I'm going to pay retail prices, I want to be able to actually see my choices in person.

And being in Canada, ordering the shirts from the website is prohibitively expensive, given the shipping and duty. And the local store doesn't honour sales on the BB website. So all in all, it's kind of a lose-lose-lose situation for us. Then again, we should be used to paying more for everything by now.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013

6. suited

suited Senior member

In terms of their shirts I've experimented enough to know what fit I need, so I don't need to try the shirt on, but it just shocked me that a large store wouldn't carry a single shirt in extra slim fit.

7. 1wb

1wb Senior member

The poster's point in responding to your question was not whether the Milano cut would fit you well, but rather that the slim lapels and short coat length of the Milano cut take it outside the traditional, appropriate-for-a-lawyer-office suit proportions. For that purpose, you will probably be better off with the Fitzgerald.

8. Troilus

Troilus Senior member

The Connecticut Avenue store (south of Dupont) should have Milano. I typically call over there and tell them what I'm looking for; if they don't have it, they'll order it and get it there within the week.

9. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Oh believe you me. I called them and called the Georgetown store. They didn't have 40R or 38R.

10. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

Yes.

11. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

of course it stacks
    you just click through the cashback site of your choice ... and then log into your brooks brothers account with the corp membership # associated

and i never call or email to mess with my BB order
    and as you can see from my screen cap, i saved much more with the 8% cashback than what shipping cost me

i'm looking forward to receiving mine
    i missed out on a chance to get the alden indy boots at 20% off from jcrew so this is my cheaper alternative

but... you wear them only as your beater? are they no good for just casual wear with jeans?

12. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

Hi Rome, sorry for the confusion...I have the Cigar Featherstone (Chukka), although this was 2nd choice. I wear 'em casually and with jeans as well. I am not really a boot person, but I thought this was a good option for what I was looking for: beater, casual, snow, raking leaves, the works....I looked at the Indy as well, but for the price and value, I picked this RW model...also having the default commando type sole. Great for midwest living...Since you are getting them on sale, imo, both are great ..

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

ah okay

i'm afraid of two things happening ... both boots not working out for me... (and eventually shelling out the money for the alden indy)
    or worse....
    liking both boots and keeping them both

14. urfloormatt

urfloormatt Well-Known Member

When I was in the Dupont store on Wednesday, they had a selection of Milano suits in tan pin dot and navy, and the Milano sports coats in seersucker and grey (the one with the ticket pocket on the website).

Also, to those who advised me to size up from a 39R to a 40R when going from Fitz to Milano, definitely right.

15. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Oh...I was looking for a plain old navy blue solid.