When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

I'm looking for my first suit, so I stopped in a Brooks Brothers store to try on a few and see if I could take advantage of the corporate discount sale. I ended up picking up a black dress belt, three 16 1/2 x 37 spread collar ESF dress shirts, and two Regent fit gabardine trousers. I have some 17 x 37 shirts already, but I think the collar is a little too loose.

Fitting into a BB suit is very challenging for me. I'm 6' 5" and 200 lbs, and I needed an extra long for the proper jacket length. I was also looking for side vents, so I would have preferred the Regent, but the Fitzgerald seemed to fit better. Is the general consensus that Fitzgerald shoulders are a little narrower than the Regent? It seemed like that to me. I felt like the shoulders were too large on a 42 Regent while a 42 Fitzgerald fit ok, maybe a little tight. However, the trousers were too tight for me on a 42. The 42s come with a 36 waist trouser, while I need a 37 or 38. The 44 Regent and Fitzgerald both felt much too big in the shoulders for me.

I ended up ordering two 44XL Milano suits. I tried on a 44R and it was ok in the shoulders, but they didn't have any 44XL in stock. Just not sure if I like how narrow the lapels were. If it fits, I plan to return one, since the SA said I'd still receive the discounted price from the 2 for deal. I also have a 42L and 44L Napoli from Suit Supply in the mail, so I'll be comparing those.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Yes. I wear a 42L in the Regent, but size up to a 43L in the Fitz solely because of the shoulders.

3. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

4. shkevin

shkevin Member

Hmm I thought Black fleece wasn't part of the discount but I was able to get the ocbd for 136 each.:)

5. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

oh really?

6. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

i was frustrated last night because of the corp membership ordeal online
    but i didn't want to miss out on 8%!!!! cashback (normally 5% but it got bumped up for this week)
    i called at 4am PST (7am EST) and spoke to a rep to get my address changed. took like two minutes and i'm saving an additional $60

if anyone wants to sign up last min, message me
    :slayer:

7. Essential

Essential Senior member

Cashback sites stack with the corporate discount? [​IMG]

Edit: Would like to mention that if you ever call/email BB about the order, cashback sites may deny you the money back. Also, since many people call their SA's for free shipping, the cashback isn't worth it unless you put in an order for about 200+.

8. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    my order today
    would love to keep both boots but... probably return one

9. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I still can't get my discount to show...it worked this morning but I had to go to a meeting and when I returned I could get it to work. Weird!!

10. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

I wonder if they have sales for more than 15% off cus my company has a corp membership where we can get that much off on anything.

11. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

My discount wasn't showing up either. I just called the corporate membership line and they applied the discount to my order retroactively.

12. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

I just have my corp mem card with me. That leads me to my next question and no intention to hijack the thread but if i am 6' and 165lbs and usually wear 38r at e.zegna, what line of BB is best for me?

13. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

I haven't used shoprunner on BB before, kinda doubting I get my order in by Monday. Any experience?

14. Troilus

Troilus Senior member

Depends on what your looking for professionally. If you're a thin 165 (no muscle mass), you could definitely wear Milano, but if you're looking for the DC lawyer-type, Fitz.

15. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

I have the RW Featherstone as my shit/snow kicker/beater...my choice....

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013