• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great time to buy high ticket items, I'm currently looking at several sport coats.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15.5 is standard for 40 chest?
15.5 is standard for 40" chest. I was just curious if you were wearing a neck-size larger, since you said you were "fat" and the ESF was still baggy around the waist.
I wear a 42" chest, 16 neck, and the ESF fits me like a glove. I wouldn't say I'm fat, but I'm certainly not skinny.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up two pairs of the Garbadine trousers. Hope they are worth the $85 each they cost.
How are you getting these for $85? Is this the 2 for $229 with the 30% off? For the record, $85 is a great price for all-wool trousers, so I don't think you have to worry about them being worth it.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you getting these for $85? Is this the 2 for $229 with the 30% off? For the record, $85 is a great price for all-wool trousers, so I don't think you have to worry about them being worth it.

Yes, 30% off the 2 for $229.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ESF isn't that slim, just a standard slim fit shirt by SF standards. I'm fat and ESF doesn't fit particularly tight for me, drop 6 standard for me, 40 chest, 34 waist

The problem is how it is cut for guys with more chest/shoulder size, not its relative slimness. Most everyone that has ever said they cannot wear ESF have complained they are too tight in the chest, not the waist.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys could just call and order, they'll apply discount to everything, including Cordovan / EG everytime I've asked during a corporate sale like this....
so wait , corporate sales are 15% or 30%, sorry for asking. applicable to Cordovan/EG ? I did not know this...

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so wait , corporate sales are 15% or 30%, sorry for asking. applicable to Cordovan/EG ? I did not know this...
Today only, the corporate sale is 30%. It is 15% all other times. This officially does not apply to EG/Cordovan, but some sales associates are willing to honor it. You have a better chance of this if you have an established relationship with one, though sometimes you just have to ask.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not supposed to apply for 30% but it has when I asked. Maybe it's just the sales rep? My in store SA couldn't though

The problem is how it is cut for guys with more chest/shoulder size, not its relative slimness.  Most everyone that has ever said they cannot wear ESF have complained they are too tight in the chest, not the waist. 

Good point, personally not really a fan of the cut just have the standard white shirt that I pretty much never wear

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you get this discount online or is it only for in-store purchases? I am trying to place an order for couple of things but the field for corporate member card is nowhere to be found.

Firefox

Reaction score
15.5 is standard for 40" chest. I was just curious if you were wearing a neck-size larger, since you said you were "fat" and the ESF was still baggy around the waist.
I wear a 42" chest, 16 neck, and the ESF fits me like a glove. I wouldn't say I'm fat, but I'm certainly not skinny.

I typically wear a 42 jacket and take a 16 neck size in the ESF shirts (with 36 for the arms). The shirts fit me well, but I agree that the snuggest part tends to be the chest area. I still wish the waist was a tiny bit slimmer, but that may just be nitpicking. As far as off-the-rack shirts go, I can't expect much more in terms of fit.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do you get this discount online or is it only for in-store purchases? I am trying to place an order for couple of things but the field for corporate member card is nowhere to be found.

I think you need to register the account new as a corporate membership account:

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/Account-Show

I registered before the new site so haven't actually gone through the process and from what I understand, the discount does not show until after you enter your credit card.

You are better off looking online and calling in IMO unless you are getting cashback through one of the click through sites.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long does it normally take for you to receive an order confirmation email? It usually takes no more than 5-10 minutes but I placed an order several hours ago and have not received an order confirmation and the order does not show up in my account page. I know they're busy...maybe my order didn't go through.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
I'd call them to check, i received mine for the current purchase instantly to my email.

Last edited:

Troilus

Reaction score

I couldn't get my corporate account to link to my online account, so I just called customer service. Told them what's up, and they can subtract the 30% from the order (using the confirmation number from the order).

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I couldn't get my corporate account to link to my online account, so I just called customer service. Told them what's up, and they can subtract the 30% from the order (using the confirmation number from the order).

Thanks. I don't understand why everything has to be so complicated, it was much more friendly before they upgraded their website. Now, everything went to hell in a hand basket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads