1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. AMProf

AMProf Senior Member

I also have seen Fitzgeralds at Nordstroms.

2. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

Has anyone found anything good in store at the clearance event? The online stuff doesn't seem to be a good deal, as a lot of it has been sitting in the clearance section for the same price for quite some time.

3. jah1961

jah1961 Member

Picked up a gray herringbone sportcoat (Madison) last spring for $159 in a 42R. Couldn't believe it was available, you just need to be patient.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

4. JOHNNY.L

JOHNNY.L Member

On Jan 12th, I placed an order(a BBBF suit) with Standard Shipping on their website, which clearly stated "In stock and ready to ship now," though I received an email informing the order was expected to ship on 26th. Then I called them and had the order changed to Two Business Day shipping. Two business day later, I called them again and they said the items have to be shipped from their stores. If i am not waiting for a new suit with a new color for an interview, i would not be in a hurry. Does anyone know how long will it take for BB to ship items from their store? BTW, the order status has been displaying as "submitted" for days.

5. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Distinguished Member

Often BB has no warehouse stock on BBBF so it ships from a retail store. So basically. Good luck. Also BF isn't really interview appropriate imo. But thats another issue.

6. sjmin209

sjmin209 Distinguished Member

THE website often reports incorrect stock on BBBF merchandise. From what I understand, the BBBF website is maintained separately, & is famous for its problems.

7. JOHNNY.L

JOHNNY.L Member

I am very short(5 feet 5.5) so basically only TB or BBBF work for my little stature.

8. JOHNNY.L

JOHNNY.L Member

Good to know that, I think I should head to the Bleecker Street instead.

9. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

It's fine for business, I interviewed conservative consulting and banking in BBBF and got offers just fine

10. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Distinguished Member

Specifically, what makes a properly fitted BBBF suit inappropriate for an interview?

11. mcbrown

mcbrown Senior Member

Nothing and everything. As usual, generic advice is useless in these situations. It depends on role, level, industry, etc. If someone interviews for a senior client-facing role at my firm, they'd better be dressed in something close to CBD, because that is what our clients will expect to see. If someone interviews for a programming role, I don't really care what they're wearing as long as it can be vaguely described as "clothes".

12. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Distinguished Member

I find the whole thing rather fashion forward. But to each their own. Also this is coming from someone who owns a black fleece suit.

13. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

I think your height being very short is subjective. Not sure why you think you can only wear TB or BBBF though. I've bought suits from other brands that work fine.

14. JOHNNY.L

JOHNNY.L Member

I've just been back from Bleecker Street. Mostly, they are out of size 0 and don't have too much items left...Any suggestion for other brands that work for tiny frame?

15. JOHNNY.L

JOHNNY.L Member

I was informed that their inventories are out of stock even in other stores, so I am pretty sure that the inventories in their BBBF website is pretty much inaccurate.