1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. abkain

abkain Active Member

Thanks Jubei. Juan never replied to my e-mail but I went into the BB at South Coast Plaza (Orange County, CA) and asked one of the sales associates there. He claimed that the manager is strict and that he would offer me the discount if it were up to him alone. I sensed some BS so when I got home I called the manager and asked about the discount. She said she would honor the 40% no problem if I came into the store when she was working. I didn't even tell her what I intended to purchase (some Peal boots) and she didn't ask. I guess it really depends on who you ask.

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

BB is indeed strange at times. I just wish they had more Peal & Co. Inventory, out of 3 possible shoes I inquired about they only found one in my size available. I'm really hoping they fit when they come in next week. Otherwise I will have to give up my Peal & Co. aspirations, I can't go longer than US 11.5 E.

It will be my first time trying any CJ in person, so I will at least leave with a sense of how the 341 last fits me...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  3. QVT93

QVT93 Member

The South Coast Plaza store is very weird, it's hit or miss. They had no problem applying discounts some time, and other times they say no and you have to walk away.

1199 for two 1818s seems awesome, is that about as low as they go?

4. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

The South Coast Plaza store is 15 minutes away from me.

The first time I went there my sales associate (Andrew) was very helpful with helping me find clothing as well as getting things for me to try on. When I asked about the 15% student discount he said it was actually 10% (the post on BB's twitter begs to differ) but he said he would honor 15%. I told him that I would be back another day because I had forgotten my student ID (I really did) and he said he would still honor the discount and just to remember my ID next time. Overall, I would say I had a very good first time experience. I was a bit concerned before going there for the first time because of the terrible reviews on Google. It seems like most people have had pretty bad experiences with that particular store.

5. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Old male manager is a crook.

There is always something about those old sales associates and managers tend to ignore customer with polo shirt and jeans. I mean do I always have to wear a suit to buy stuff from them? Not really. Think they own brooks brothers company or something.

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

It seems I misquoted my SA, as he was only offering to help with transactions if you already had the 40% coupon.

I wanted to correct this because it seems I misrepresented him a bit. Sorry for the misinformation everyone.

Not sure why such a coupon is only going to certain customers, but it's how BB wanted to do it...

7. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

I spoke to my SA in Toronto and according to him it's a one-time use code not a generic code that can be reused multiple times/multiple people. He also does not have the code at the store as the letters were sent out from the head office. Take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  8. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

That had coupons come out a few months ago too. It is allegedly to bring customers into the store that haven't been for awhile.

9. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

You can badger. But your chances of succeeding are higher if it's a big ticket item.

10. othertravel

And while I'm at it, can anybody spare a coupon if they're not going to use it?

11. othertravel

The 2 for $1399 sale is on. I was mistaken though; you can't stack with the corporate discount. I think you can stack on the CIS day though (when the prices are up to normal).

12. Troilus

Troilus Senior member

That's correct. The two 1818 suits come out to $1200 when the 30% off corporate sale is stacked on the 2 for $1699 price. Honestly, this current sale isn't great. It's just 15% off, which you can get with a corporate card on any other day.

13. shendo

shendo Member

Would the 15% for opening a Brooks Brothers credit card stack with the corporate day discount for a potential 45%?

14. Patek

Patek Senior member

Been a while since I have been on here.

My new job requires suit and tie every day so my measly 6 suits will not cut it. Thinking of picking up 4 suits from BB unless someone knows a better sale.

15. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Ruelala is doing a Brooks Brothers sale right now. Can't speak to the quality of the stuff on there, i.e., not sure if Brooks Brothers makes a specific line for them like some brands do for Gilt.

16. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

It looks like overstock/old stuff. Odds are they will have the blue tags inside which is their line for Nordstrom.

17. 518aata

518aata Senior member

All of the sport coats I looked at were single vent, so I didn't try to figure out which line they were.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  18. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

It's all Madison fit. All the Fitzgerald fit stuff is sold out.

19. Patek

Patek Senior member

Picked up two Saxxon Milanos. I have not tried their suiting yet but I do like that they are double vented. Will see how they fit.

20. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

suiting - fabric for suits

suit - a set of matching outer garments

2 people like this.