1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Also, for fans of C&J for BB: Richard James also sells rebranded C&J, and they look to be in between benchgrade and handgrade quality (they have channeled soles). But the price is much much better than BB.

X post:

C&J for Richard James: Free shipping + VAT deduction for outside-of-EU countries.

They're made to benchgrade standards but with channeled soles (so somewhere in-between bench and handgrade?).

The total price comes out considerably cheaper than BB C&J ($450 compared to $650).

http://www.richardjames.co.uk/shoes/fw020-0104.html

Thanks to Stephen at Malford of London for info on the quality of the shoes.

2. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Can anybody comment on the Egyptian shirts vs. the Supima shirts in terms of quality?

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

US made Egyptian Cotton shirts and Supima shirts are made in the same factory., so there is no difference in quality of construction.

Both are high quality long-staple cotton fabrics. BB tends to use Egyptian in their Luxury Line shirts, while the Supima is used in OCBD's and other less dressy dress shirts. There is some overlap in styles.

4. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

I finally had the chance to try both in 40S...

the Fitz has always been my go to cut, no alterations (except shortening the sleeves) and the fit is great. I didn't realize that losing 5-6 lbs the past 1.5 mos makes a big difference, especially in the waist area. While the shoulder stayed as is, it looks like I may have to take the waist in a little and some collar adjustment to address a slight puckering. My SA also suggested that we may have to adjust the skirt as it has a little flaring.

But then, I was really surprised that the Regent, with a similar shoulder fit/comfort in the same size, has a better silhouette although a little waist suppression is necessary as well. I may have to trim the sleeves a little is possible.

My SA is kind enough to hold the items for 2 weeks for me to think about. I am gravitating towards the Regent and I may have to hold the alteration as I still plan to lose 3-5 lbs in the next couple mos. Looks like I have to alter all my Fitz SC's to address the waist and skirt issues due to weight loss.

Any similar experience and/or thoughts? Thanks...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  5. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Well-Known Member

Is there a sale likely within the next two weeks?

6. LBC Demon

LBC Demon Well-Known Member

I am thinking about getting the green cardigan in the Gatsby collection. Will that ever go on sale?

7. calidist

calidist Well-Known Member

Wait for the next CIS sale.

8. PreppyJ

PreppyJ Active Member

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

^^ +1 That jacket looks even better IRL. The LP fabric is extraordinary.

10. Garth Vader

Garth Vader Well-Known Member

I don't think Gatsby has been excluded from storewide stuff such as F&F, the last of which coincided with the movie's release. I know some but not all Gatz was reduced during the "summer clearance" sale. The green Nick was not part of the clearance.

Based on that I'd say you'll have to wait for the next F&F or Corporate storewide event.

Note that the retail one has a higher buttoning point than the one in the movie and the piping is also a bit different.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  11. LBC Demon

Thanks. I went to BB and returned some shoes and I decided to get the Gatsby OCBD and the cardigan. They didn't have the cardigan in my size so they are sending it from another store.

Yeah I see those differences. In the movie it really looks good on Tobey. I'll try it out and see how it is on me. I just bought a RRL cardigan in faded olive so I might not keep both.

This one:
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/..._rrlupto65%off&view=99&pg=2&parentPage=family

12. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

13. LBC Demon

Those look nice but I have found a bunch of Zegna pants like that at the thrift store so I am full up in that department. I almost never find cardigans while thrifting. I found a Christian Dior one once but it is Acrylic and it is kind of a weird orange color that is hard to pair with stuff.

14. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Well-Known Member

What other brand suit fits similar to the Milano line?

15. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

Not necessarily another brand, but Black Fleece and the Cambridge fit are Milano-like.

16. superpacker

superpacker Member

So can anyone hazard a guess as to when the next F&F, Corporate event, or other worthwhile sale will be? I need to stock up on some shirts and trying to decide whether to wait for a sale, or just take the discount given when you buy 3 or more

17. JJ Gittes

JJ Gittes Member

Can someone please help a law student here plan a strategy for buying a quality briefcase during the sales?

I have a BB Corporate Membership and the BB card. The way I see it, I can buy during the Corp Members sale in October (30% off plus 15% kicker with first-time purchase), or early December category-specific sale (40% off leather accessories plus 15% kicker), or after Christmas SA sale (30% off plus 15% after-X-mas only kicker plus 15% off first-time account kicker).

1. Are my discount numbers right for the sales?
    2. Should I order online or go to the store and have them order it for me during sales (save shipping)?
    3. Although you might save the most money after Christmas, do briefcases sell out fast online/are the server problems not worth losing your shopping cart?
    4. Do certain sales exclude the brands I'm targeting i.e. SAB/Peal & Co, JW Hulme, and Brooks Brothers brand?

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

18. JJ Gittes

JJ Gittes Member

My SA told me it was mid October for the Corp event.

19. macjedi

macjedi Well-Known Member

IIRC F&F is usually starts around the 3rd week in Sept.

20. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

I was just in to my BB today and IIRC the corp. event started on 10/17, there was a suit promotion starting around labor day and the FF sale around the last week of september

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013