1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Sort of. I am not an expert, but even when the stitching is exposed on the sole, it is still in a channel, which is the groove the stitching sits in. I believe that is what the term "channeled sole" means. A closed-channeled sole would be one where the stitching still resides in a channel, but the channel is covered up by a flap of sorts on the sole. This flap is very thin and wears away once you start wearing the shoe.

2. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  4. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

Pretty sure those are AS. A very nice looking shoe, and very tempting, and probably very comfortable.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I have yet to receive them yet so I have no idea if that is included on the insole or not. But their advertisement does not include the Peal & Co label.

I thought they might be Loake, however since they were priced higher than another suede offering than Peal & Co I thought I would come here and ask.

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

What makes you think they are AS? I figured all the AS shoes sold on Brooks Brothers would be under the Peal & Co label.

I had been looking around and thinking about getting a Blue Suede shoe for awhile now. I finally decided that these were the ones I liked the best.

7. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

It is under the Peal label, my friend. Check out the pics under the light tan colorway of the same make.

8. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

what are the main difference(s) between the 1818 Fitz and Regent suiting, besides Regent having the side vents? IIRC, Regent cut are drop 6 but not sure about the Fitz.. I have some Fitz SC but never tried their suit offering. Thanks

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Ah, your right.

Thank you.

I wasn't looking at that color and the blue didn't have all of those views. Doh!!!

It is odd though in the title or description they don't include Peal & Co like they do for most of the others.

10. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

Fitzgerald has been described as more slim fitting, with slightly higher armholes and a thinner lapel than the Regent. For slim guys, however, I actually prefer the Regent as it has greater waist suppression OTR and does not have the skinny lapels of the Fitz.

Though I could've sworn Regent suits have a drop 7 and the Fitz a drop 6.

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Those blue ones are similar to ones they had last season by Loake, doesn't look like an AS shoe

12. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Your probably right.

I imagine the price point and the way it looks probably indicate it is from Loake instead of AS or C&J.

13. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Words cannot express how badly I want this jacket. I don't even care that the tortoise buttons are faux!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

No, they both have 6. Regent has side vents and wider lapels like you said. I like the fitz, but I think I like the Regent just a bit better; however, it is so hard to find - my local store doesn't stock them.

15. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

If you go to your local store they can have it sent from a different store. I recently purchased a Regent fit SC and they did that for me

16. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

The Regent does seem to be extremely hard to find. Apparently they had 0 36R navy SCs in all stores and online, so I had to settle for a 36S, and I felt lucky to find that.

17. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Yes. I know.

18. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Do it. I thrifted this jacket (though an earlier model with different style pockets) and love it.

19. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

Thanks to all who chimed in regarding my Fitz/Regent suiting inquiry....

20. sholom

sholom Senior member

Does anyone know if any of the BB outlets carry black fleece?