1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

I have a question about their shirt sizing. I just tried on the extra slim fit dress shirt in size 15/33 I bought last year, but I have been hitting the gym more frequently ever since and now I feel like the arm holes are a little bit too high. By sizing up to 15.5/33, can I expect slightly larger arm holes?

2. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

Yes, but it would make more sense to go with your proper size (15/13) in slim fit. It will be larger in the chest and shoulders, which is what it sounds like you need. If it's too billowy in the torso, just have a tailor take in the sides.

3. jdlc

jdlc Member

It is possible. By tailoring the shirt, it will no longer have the non-iron guarantee because of the puckering. Some are fine with this and are also OK with the look. The skill level of the tailor seems to play a role as previously mentioned by others.

4. pkmntrainerharr

pkmntrainerharr Member

None of the shirts are on sale... Why are people buying them now in particular?? :puzzled:

5. Pelotonia

Pelotonia Well-Known Member

Well, I guess they have had some issue with the software, all shirts are on sale right now. Quite pleased with some of the things, I snapped.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  6. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Is this in store or online only?

7. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

SC's are still 30% off...glad I bought mines last week during the 1 day sale

8. surrender

surrender Senior member

For some reason, dress shirt sale prices don't show up if you're logged into a corporate membership account.

Anyway, I snagged 4 extra slim fit shirts - 3 button-down collar, one spread. Maybe I'm lucky, but they fit extremely well and $49 is a great price.

9. docka

docka Senior member

Isn't it 52 dollars? 40% off 88 dollars is 52.

10. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

11. surrender

surrender Senior member

Nah, I went for the regular Supima shirts

12. Mr Engineer

What is the order of Brooks Brothers pants fits from slimmest to largest?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  13. 518aata

518aata Senior member

I've read previously on SF that Brooks has C&J make them to a standard somewhere in between benchgrade and handgrade, but I'm not expert enough to know. However, I can tell you that I have this model in both brown and black and they are great shoes. Comfortable, well-made and timeless.

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

BB's IT is always f*ed up like that, not the first time it happened. What one can do is go to the general items, then look for sale inside instead in the sale section exclusively. I know it's painful, but oh well

p.s. by the way looks like this is just like the BBBF flash sale in the sense they're bringing out old stock as well, I can see bunch Calf Alden for BB which I don't think is available anymore

15. othertravel

The channeled soles are throwing me off. The other CJ offerings don't have them.

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Most C&Js have channeled soles at BB I believe, not handgrade standards for sure though

17. othertravel

If you look at the other CJ shoes on the BB website, their soles have the exposed stitching (while the single monks don't). The EGs for BB also have the sealed soles.

18. Mr Engineer

Is the SA sale also at outlet stores ?

19. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I'm sure they have one, but it is normally different.

20. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Historically, the made by C&J Peal have had channelled soles. The consensus has always been that they were nicer than benchgrade, but below handgrade standards. Not sure about the current offerings, though.