1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Is it just me, or is the minimum thickness of non-iron shirts greater than the minimum for regular ("must-iron") shirts? I've noticed that most of my lighter shirts require ironing, but the non-iron materials and coating seem to bulk them up. I'm just thinking out loud here because lighter shirts are better for summer and that might mean non-irons are impractical in warmer climates (just in the summer).

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I wash my shirts in the delicate cycle, fluff in the drier for 10 minutes and hang to dry and I've never had a problem with the must iron shirts wrinkling very much. The weight of a damp shirt pulls out the wrinkles.

3. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

i usually wear my shirts in the shower and scrub them there. once i come out of the shower i towel dry softly and let it hang dry on my body whilst damp. The shirts generally don't wrinkle so much, except where it bends at the elbow. Looks good.

4. Locke42

Locke42 Active Member

I'm a little curious, does Brooks change up their suits and fabrics based on season? I don't mean selling more BrooksCool suits. I mean, for example, do they sell lighter weight 1818 suits in the summer (which they then put on sale in the winter), and heavier weight 1818 suits in the winter (which are then put on sale before the summer)?

I am curious about the BrooksCool stuff, though, since there's a "2 for $899" promo now. How do they compare, construction-wise, to the 1818 suits? Does the lack of lining affect the drape or durability?

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

See 5 posts above yours. Sleven is a former BB SA.

6. Locke42

Locke42 Active Member

Yeah, I know. I was replying to Sleven's post. I just wanted a bit more elaboration on the differences between BrooksCool and 1818 suits. I know that the BC suits use a different fabric blend and are partially lined. What I want to know is how those differences in production translate to differences in fit, durability, etc.

To distill it down to a simple question: Is there a reason to get a more expensive 1818 suit over a BrooksCool suit apart from climate considerations?

I also want to know if Brooks Brothers switches up their fabrics based on season. Summer/tropical wool in the summer, for example, vs heavier wool in the winter?

7. TM79

TM79 Senior member

From what I can tell, it's always the same 3 season Fitz posted on the website - not heavy enough for a proper winter.

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Same fabric year round. BrooksCool is OK but feels and looks synthetic to me. It is very lightweight and breathable.

9. Locke42

Locke42 Active Member

Damn. :( I was hoping they used lighter fabrics in the summer, because I always run a bit warm. A 3-season on me would probably be just fine for winter.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  10. Zawa

Zawa Member

Hi Sleven,

Congrats on your new role.

Long term lurker but;

I have a question regarding the current BB sale of their BrooksCool line (2 for 899).

I believe you mentioned that they are not full canvas and that the fabric is a little different. Can you elaborate a little on this. Also, is the fabric designed for hotter weather or an all season type suit?

Also, one other question regarding the BB shoes. What is the best quality for price in the shoes sold at BB?

Thank you

11. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

I guess Sleven will be hangin on the watch appreciation thread?

1 person likes this.
  12. Zawa

Zawa Member

A question;

Given that BB is currently have a sale 2 BrooksCool for 899, are you able to use the 15% corporate discount on this sale as well?

13. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

1 person likes this.
  14. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

Just received a mailing from BB with 2 coupons for in-store use only. (1) 40% off any single item (usual exclusions: cordovan, etc.) through April 17; (2) 20% off all BB purchases from April 18 to May 31.

15. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

oooh
    wonder if i'm going to get the 40% coupon .. but... i must resist ............... :hide:

16. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

can i get one too? all i want is 40% off.

17. sandino

sandino Member

The 40%off coupon is amazing. Can it be shared?

18. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Any chance a sales associate will honor this coupon if I am not in physical possesion of it?

19. js4design

js4design Senior member

In my experience, some of the spring/summer suits are lighter in weight, and some of the fall/winter suits are heavier. I know they have made flannel suits for the fall, and 2 of my spring suits definitely wear cooler than my year round suits.

20. othertravel

othertravel Senior member