1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. suited

suited Senior member

In terms of their shirts I've experimented enough to know what fit I need, so I don't need to try the shirt on, but it just shocked me that a large store wouldn't carry a single shirt in extra slim fit.

2. 1wb

1wb Senior member

The poster's point in responding to your question was not whether the Milano cut would fit you well, but rather that the slim lapels and short coat length of the Milano cut take it outside the traditional, appropriate-for-a-lawyer-office suit proportions. For that purpose, you will probably be better off with the Fitzgerald.

3. Troilus

Troilus Senior member

The Connecticut Avenue store (south of Dupont) should have Milano. I typically call over there and tell them what I'm looking for; if they don't have it, they'll order it and get it there within the week.

4. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Oh believe you me. I called them and called the Georgetown store. They didn't have 40R or 38R.

5. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

Yes.

6. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

of course it stacks
    you just click through the cashback site of your choice ... and then log into your brooks brothers account with the corp membership # associated

and i never call or email to mess with my BB order
    and as you can see from my screen cap, i saved much more with the 8% cashback than what shipping cost me

i'm looking forward to receiving mine
    i missed out on a chance to get the alden indy boots at 20% off from jcrew so this is my cheaper alternative

but... you wear them only as your beater? are they no good for just casual wear with jeans?

7. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

Hi Rome, sorry for the confusion...I have the Cigar Featherstone (Chukka), although this was 2nd choice. I wear 'em casually and with jeans as well. I am not really a boot person, but I thought this was a good option for what I was looking for: beater, casual, snow, raking leaves, the works....I looked at the Indy as well, but for the price and value, I picked this RW model...also having the default commando type sole. Great for midwest living...Since you are getting them on sale, imo, both are great ..

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  8. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

ah okay

i'm afraid of two things happening ... both boots not working out for me... (and eventually shelling out the money for the alden indy)
    or worse....
    liking both boots and keeping them both

9. urfloormatt

urfloormatt Well-Known Member

When I was in the Dupont store on Wednesday, they had a selection of Milano suits in tan pin dot and navy, and the Milano sports coats in seersucker and grey (the one with the ticket pocket on the website).

Also, to those who advised me to size up from a 39R to a 40R when going from Fitz to Milano, definitely right.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  10. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Oh...I was looking for a plain old navy blue solid.

11. Dranakin

Dranakin Well-Known Member

Likewise. It doesn't seem to recognize my membership number.

12. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Picked up a pair of rw 4553 with the corporate 30 off, super excited! Anyone know if there are ever higher discounts, I want a pair of cordovans, but they are just Soooo expensive

13. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

to be honest, paying full price for the cordovan makes you appreciate it more anyway. so just buy it. If the 30% works, get it now, because it doesn't go higher than that. feel rich bro, feel rich...

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

30% is the most you are going to get anywhere, just buy, prices are going up always anyways

15. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

seems like asking about discounts is really looked down upon here at sf,I guess I should rephrase and say that I'm not totally comfortable spending $700+ on shoes, but still really dig the material and build of the C&J cordovans

16. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I don't think that is the case, but BB normally pulls their cordovan for sales. 30% is really the best you're going to get.

17. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

No complaints. I have a pair in black and a pair in brown. They are my daily drivers.

18. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

how did you comprehend that getting discounts is frowned upon? this thread was created for the purposes of finding the next BB sale!

Anyways if you're talking about the C&J you could wait for 60-80% off. You might not get your size but you can always size up and wear it slightly too small or even a bit roomier with extra socks (i've worn cordovan shoes with 3 pairs of socks and a gel insole because they were 1.5 sizes too big). Can't really tell the difference anyway.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  19. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

where did you manage to find cj at 60-80 discount?!

20. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Seriously? You can't tell the difference, except for the fact that you have 3 pairs of socks on?! I personally recommend against getting something that does not fit well just because it looks like a good deal. I have done this, and find that I tend not to wear my ill-fitting shoes, just like I don't wear my ill-fitting suits. Ultimately this makes for a bad investment.