• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since I'm buying these shoes I have been looking into them myself. Once I get a response (if online doesn't give before me) I will definitely let you know!

Why were these Double Monks taken off the site???

johnnyletrois

Reaction score

Gave them a call too, and even when they added the item to my order, it calculated 15% until I bought up that the total seemed wrong.
They ended up adjusting it,
Also if you spend enough, you get a free duffel bag. Keep that in mind if you're placing a really big order. Perhaps you can split it in 2 and pick up 2 free duffies?

Thought the free duffle was only for a single outerwear purchase over $XXX. not combined total.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, it seems like the website is applying the discount correctly now. Have to get all the way to the final order confirmation screen though--pretty poor design.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I consider OCBDs to be a good deal when they drop below $50, and a great deal when they drop below $40 each.
You are correct in that Dec 26 is usually the best day of the year to buy OCBDs. Last year they were 30% off plus an extra 20% off on Dec 26. My order history shows that they were $38.16 each, which is the best price I have seen since they raised the price from 3 for $149 a few years ago.
BB usually has a shirt sale during the holidays where all dress shirts are 2 for $109, and you can apply the 15% corporate discount to yield the same $46 price that they have today. That shirt sale is usually the best time to buy other dress shirts are usually 3 for $219.

Thanks--that's about what I thought, but its always good to have some confirmation! I went ahead and ordered--I might be able to save a few bucks per shirt come Christmas, but I'd rather get the additional wear out of them than save $7 or so per shirt...

jch1

Reaction score
FWIW, it seems like the website is applying the discount correctly now. Have to get all the way to the final order confirmation screen though--pretty poor design.
Not the case with me. Entered all my information in, went to the step where all I have to do is click "submit," and still came up as the original price with no discount. No big deal- swinging by the local store on lunch.

johnnyletrois

Reaction score
Don't count on sizes being in stock even tho they show available on the new site. Several items I tried to order after the new launch were actually unavailable. Their inventory system is still crap.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't count on sizes being in stock even tho they show available on the new site. Several items I tried to order after the new launch were actually unavailable. Their inventory system is still crap.

Got a couple of PM's from people looking to buy two or more suits or pairs of slacks and wanting to know if December 26 sale will be better. Today is best sale for Brooks Buys (30% off 2 for $X price). Brooks buys are unavailable for Dec 26 sale. Also inventory is better today.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can anybody advise on the Luxury line of shirts? Specifically, I'd like to know if the Luxury line slim fit is the same as their regular slim fit shirts in terms of fit.

Thanks in advance!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep. 40L was scarce to begin with for stuff I'd actually purchase and then when I went to get the one I liked it was unavailable even though it still shows up when you sort by size. Quality.

DC_JD

Reaction score

Still not working, and I have two different corporate membership logins. This is beyond frustrating.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These troubles can all be avoided by going through Sleven.

True, but a major retail corporation like BB shouldn't be having these persistent issues with their e-commerce operations. That's the more important issue. Why is a major mall brand unable to operate a functioning online retail shopping experience that is devoid of persistent issues? Gap, BR, and many other stores have no problem with their online shopping services, so why is BB not able to do so.

Last edited:

polytropos

Reaction score
Can you get the 30% discount on out of stock items (Filson 257) by calling to place the order or does the item need to be in stock?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads