1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

My order placed on Dec 27 still shown as 'submitted.' :fu: :censored:

Edit: Call the 800 line and spoke to a very nice lady and she said the order was on hold. She has since released it off hold to be shipped tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. x26

x26 Senior member

Hi Forex;

You know the Routine by Now.
    ALWAYS get the 2nd day air for Shipping--$10.00 extra but well worth it--that's the only way to get your stuff especially after Christmas.

Ordered some stuff for wife Christmas and it shipped out the next day(Dec 26) arrived to me 27.

3. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

Placed order 12/26 delivered 1/2

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

My OCBD shirts arrived just now - order placed 12/26. I haven't inspected closely but they look good thus far.

Thomas is pleased.

1 person likes this.
  5. forex

forex Senior member

I had to call and check the status, the order was not even authorized for processing, the girl on the phone had to call authorization department and get it approved. She said it would ship within 24-48 hours. 10 days and it is not authorized?

6. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Showed up today with leather soles rather than the Dainite shown online. Boo!

7. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

It was the same case with my order. BB's processing system leaves a lot to desire.

8. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

One was an OCBD and it just wasn't good. I think I got the Supima one over the regular. Maybe that's why the fabric didn't feel like good ol' sturdy oxford.

I ordered on the 26th and got my package on the 28th. And that was standard shipping.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I got some really awesome stuff at this sale. Including some OCDBs, and a pocket calendar. Not even lying really looking forward to that pocket calendar.

10. 518aata

518aata Senior member

(Up to) 50% off clearance sale under way.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  11. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

Yeah, the email I got was very misleading - it seemed to imply that there was another 50% off the marked price, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe there will be luck in store.

12. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Still have not shipped even though I got verbal confirmation over the phone and an email from their CS dept stating that it would be shipped yesterday.

:brick:

13. bmwauug

bmwauug New Member

I bought a Classic Duffel on the 3rd %40% off....today it is 50% - I did get the price adjustment!

14. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

Rancourt beefrolls and chukas are well priced.

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

A warning on those Rancourt beefrolls.
    I bought a pair last summer and they fit noticeably tighter than the Rancourt beefrolls made for Ralph Lauren.

16. red81

red81 Senior member

for those of you interested, i was at the store and they had a 50% off sale (for sport shirts), there were many styles and fits sorted by size. i was at the rookery store in chicago, fwiw.

17. Cambel

Cambel Active Member

Question for those with experience with the Brooks Brother's OCBD: I wear the ESF OCBD in a 14.5 / 32 (the USA made ones). It fits well but is quite fitted, namely I can't fit an undershirt underneath. I would like to be able to wear an undershirt under the OCBD--would I be better off sizing up to a 15 in ESF or getting a Slim Fit in 14.5 for a little extra room in the body of the shirt?

I remember the website having more comprehensive shirt measurements before the re-do--which I would have consulted--but I couldn't find those when I looked.

18. billsayers

billsayers Senior member

If you like the fit of the ESF, I would avoid the Slim Fit. I own both in the same size (14.5/32) and there is much more room throughout (body, arms, etc...) on the Slim Fit.

Have you tried more fitted undershirts? I usually wear an undershirt (not always) and had good results sizing down on them.

19. amathew

amathew Senior member

Damn, missed the sale and I was in need of a navy blazer.

When is the next big sale where I can get 20 to 30% off?

20. khe86

khe86 Senior member