• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GamaH

Reaction score
So I don't know if y'all know this, but Brooks Brothers changed their Unconditional Guarantee.

Bad move, imo.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I don't know if y'all know this, but Brooks Brothers changed their Unconditional Guarantee.
Bad move, imo.

Don't think it's that big of a deal tbh. They will still take all legitimate returns.

They are just trying to cut down on losses, fraud etc. Bottom line they are still a business and need profit. Having worked retail during my college years, people can be quite disgusting.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fitz Harris Tweed is nice...would have been perfect if not for a single vent, although BB site describes as double vents.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, I just received the milano houndstooth Harris tweed. This thing is great. Basic colour palette, but very interesting tweed: thick, yet a bit of stretch to the weave, and barely lined. It's also just dark enough and with enough blue that I think you may be able to get away with either mid-grey or charcoal pants without matching—sort of in between. I think the odd model does it a disservice, although I may let it out an inch through the waist. Also got some white/blue/ecru OCBDs because you're going to need to keep everything else quite simple.

I thought I wanted the herringbone till I saw that thing in store and decided I liked it better. Pairs nicely with jeans, chinos, or wool pants.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought I wanted the herringbone till I saw that thing in store and decided I liked it better. Pairs nicely with jeans, chinos, or wool pants.

Lapels seem really narrow though.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And you do what again? Make at least $1-2m a year? Not a kid.

Personally, I think it's stupid to just take stuff back unless it was really defective. It's a big waste of time and money when companies take stuff back because some dopey kid decides he doesn't like something or thinks it doesn't fit when he has no clue how things should fit and didn't listen to the experiencced salesman's advice. Or you get boys who have no idea what size shoe they wear and play musial shoes back and forth with exchanges that disrupts stocks and increases the price of the goods for the normal shopper. Places like BB lose money with these exchange freaks. Every time someone returns something it involves paperwork, inspecting the item for damage where it can't be resold (usually damage done by the buyer) back into stock at the warehouse etc etc And on top of that most of these returns are by SF geeks who bought the stuff on sale and the co. just broke even or lost money on the deal and now with the return nonsense really lost money which is why they now keep lists of people who do this and just ignore their orders that they're losing money on anyway. Notice how many SF kids complain about not getting something or waiting months? That's the reason.They don't want you as customers because you lose them money with your stupid peasant behaviour. When I order something from BB I get it in 2 days using regular UPS. The same stuff that SF kids complain about not receiving or waiting a year for
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
Yep, slow learners who don't get the message-go to Bananarama Republic or Walmart kido.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
The other side of it is, if I can't return something to a store simply because I don't like it, I may just decide not to shop there at all. I'm not talking about returning already worn and obviously used merchandise, but items still in new condition with tags/packaging/etc. I recently returned 2 different ties because I didn't like the way they looked when I got them home and tried to figure out what to wear them with. If they don't take back a tie with tags still on, I will stop shopping there.

mcbrown

Reaction score

The other side of it is, if I can't return something to a store simply because I don't like it, I may just decide not to shop there at all. I'm not talking about returning already worn and obviously used merchandise, but items still in new condition with tags/packaging/etc.  I recently returned 2 different ties because I didn't like the way they looked when I got them home and tried to figure out what to wear them with. If they don't take back a tie with tags still on, I will stop shopping there.

Do you actually believe the policy is such that you can't return a tie with tags on within some reasonable period?

People, I know facts always get in the way of a good debate, but let's go ahead and quote from the Brooks Brothers website anyway:

Return Policy
Brooks Brothers wants you to be satisfied with your merchandise. We will gladly accept a return or exchange of saleable merchandise in original condition within 90 days of purchase date accompanied by an original receipt. All returns accompanied by original receipt will be credited to original form of payment.

Saleable merchandise in original condition not accompanied by a receipt will be accepted and a merchandise credit will be issued for the lowest price. Photo identification is required for all merchandise credits. If your cash return is greater than $200.00 a company issued check* will be mailed to you. Monogrammed and altered merchandise and special order clothing will not be accepted for a return or exchange.

Price adjustments will be made within 10 days of original purchase date with original receipt present. Only items purchased at full price are subject to a price adjustment

Manufacturer Defect Warranty
Brooks Brothers may replace or refund merchandise with a legitimate manufacturer defect.

*US Only; in Canada, credit to debit card will be issued

Everyone please calm down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads