• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

myk7000

Reaction score
I'm curious what types of clothing people are buying when taking advantage of this sale. Shirts? Knits/sweaters? Outerwear?

Myself personally, it's been about shirts, shirts, and shirts.

myk7000

Reaction score
I wonder what types of clothing people are taking advantage of the bb ff sale for. Knits/sweaters? Shirts? Outerwear? Shoes?

For me it's been shirts, shirts, shirts.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what shoes would be worthwhile to buy. Nothing is really jumping out at me.

Same here, though I was specifically looking for some dressier loafers. Didn't see anything yet.

Wrenkin

Reaction score

I wonder what types of clothing people are taking advantage of the bb ff sale for. Knits/sweaters? Shirts? Outerwear? Shoes?
For me it's been shirts, shirts, shirts.

OCBDs, and a tweed jacket. Would have considered some pants but they seem to have removed the 2-for-whatever deal on the gaberdines. And realistically it's not what I need now.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was wondering what shoes would be worthwhile to buy. Nothing is really jumping out at me.

Same here, though I was specifically looking for some dressier loafers. Didn't see anything yet.

unless you are barefoot, wait for the 40% off sale at the end of november and december. most of BB's footwear offering is uninspired so if you already have a couple staples, hold off for a better selection of higher discount

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unless you are barefoot, wait for the 40% off sale at the end of november and december. most of BB's footwear offering is uninspired so if you already have a couple staples, hold off for a better selection of higher discount

This is what i'm going to do to get the C&J's for Peal & Co.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, i tried the EG Inverness on the 888 last and it was too tight. I am a US 10.5 EE, and a UK 10.5 E was not the size for me. I am not sure if the UK 11E will work, the tightness and lacing gap would indicate as much. I would have to go for an UK 11.5 E, and that would be unacceptable for me length wise. I am thinking an UK 11 F would fit the bill, so i might have to end up ordering this from Nick A.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In other news, i tried the EG Inverness on the 888 last and it was too tight. I am a US 10.5 EE, and a UK 10.5 E was not the size for me. I am not sure if the UK 11E will work, the tightness and lacing gap would indicate as much. I would have to go for an UK 11.5 E, and that would be unacceptable for me length wise. I am thinking an UK 11 F would fit the bill, so i might have to end up ordering this from Nick A.

Is that something on the BB website?

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question about BB sports shirt sizing. I wear a 15-33 in ESF for dress shirts, and they are a perfect fit on me. However, I want to check out their sports shirts and wanted to know if I should get a Small or Medium. From the size guide, it seems that M is 15-34 and S is a 14-33. Would you recommend that I purchase a Small or Medium?

Thanks!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I saw it on the website, I didn't think it would be all that versatile.  But when I saw it in the store, it became clear that the quality of the photograph was not doing the fabric justice.  It is my first Harris Tweed jacket, and I love the feel and quality of the fabric.  I will say it is pretty heavy though, so probably more ideal for late fall than early, depending on where you are.  Unfortunately, I can't speak to how it runs size-wise because I've lost weight and am wearing smaller sizes than before.

It was going to be my one jacket purchase this fall, but after seeing this jacket in store, I knew when F&F came I would cave and get it.  It looks great online, but it is really impressive in person.  Full canvas too: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...AVY-GREEN&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

That one seems a little loud to me. I went into the store to pick up some pants that I had preciously ordered and I saw the herringbone and it was quite nice. However, this one blew it away:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...GREY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null

I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a Rag and Bone jacket. The above jacket was nicer than the R&B one and had great colors without being too loud or busy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads