1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

I ordered one of these last Tuesday (when BB had 40% off all of their outerwear). I went with Navy because I already have a black wool blend carcoat and wanted something a little more interesting colour-wise:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/BrooksStorm[​IMG]-Short-Town-Coat/032L________BLCK_42___RG__,default,pd.html

To avoid shipping/duty, I ordered it to a U.S. address that I'll be visiting in a couple weeks, so I can't give you an opinion on it yet. But I've heard others speak well of them.

2. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

That's good to know: I've never heard of them before. The BB ESF shirts aren't baggy on me at all (any tighter and they'd be too small), but the next time I'm in the market for some shirts I may give them a try. Maybe for my wedding shirt even...

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Will try that one on in store and a few others probably on Boxing Day and see how the fit is.

4. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

If you don't mind my asking, what is your body type and what sizes did you get?

5. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

I'm about 6'2" and 180-185lbs (depending on the day). I have what I would describe as a fairly slim build (I'm a runner, not a lifter), but far from the emaciated-hipster-musician look that you see in some young men. I ordered the 16-36 with ainsley collar (i.e. BB's partial spread collar) and they are pretty much perfect for wearing buttoned up. If I was only ever going to use them unbuttoned (i.e. sans tie), I may even drop down to a 15 or 15.5 neck. I find that the 16 neck is a tad big for wearing unbuttoned, although I still do it anyway. But a slightly smaller collar (with buttondown) would be better for wearing open, IMHO.

Also, it's probably worthwhile pointing out that I have long legs but an average-length torso. It's possible that someone with a very long torso/arms may find the shirttails a little too short (i.e. come untucked too easily). They work very well for me, though.

I find that it's hard to find decent-fitting shirts with long arm sizes. I guess OTR shirtmakers don't tend to cater to orangutans like me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  6. Potatowned

Potatowned Active Member

Man, I just read that they had a 40% off accessories earlier this month. I am looking to buy the Filson duffle. Any idea if the 40% off after Christmas sale will apply to accessories?

Any more deals to be expected on Filson?

7. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm probably about 5'9" and 165lbs, and 16 is my neck size. I've had success with 32/33 and it seems like judging by your experience, 33 would probably fit me well.

The partial spread probably isn't for me but I think I'll walk in on Boxing Day and try to pick up some ESF dress shirts.

I'm totally the opposite, arms are often too long for me - not for dress shirts but for other long sleeves. And if I scale down the overall size, then the length gets too short. I remember those days in high school wearing A&E and Hollister - lmao the sleeves were at times long enough for me to slap people with. Good times, good times. [​IMG]

Thanks for the detailed answer!

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Last year the 40+20% applied to everything (I think).

9. anakin

anakin Well-Known Member

Did the discount apply in-store (in Toronto) as well?

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

No, it was 40% off coats, sweaters and other things seasonal, but only 30% off suits and 25% off shoes and most other accessories. Shirts and ties were the usual buy 4 shirts/2 ties to get a 40% discount. 20% kicker was then added on for December 26th. I assume the discounts will be the same this year, but the kicker could be either 15% or 20%.

11. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

That's mostly correct, but see this link: http://putthison.com/post/14619333055/brooks-brothers-sale-the-silentist-alerted-us-to

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

13. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Yes, that's where I was last Boxing Day and will be there again this year!

Well I'm sure I got 40% + 20% on Milano chinos, I also bought shirts which were 40% + 20% but yeah I guess then suits weren't 40%.

1 person likes this.
  14. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I guess the corporate discount won't stack on the current sale?

15. musicmax

musicmax Senior member

None of the recent sales have permitted stacking. You usually can stack on permanent markdowns (i.e. when Black Fleece winter stuff went 50% off last month you could stack)

16. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

The corporate discount and F&F has stacked on everyday deals (3 shirts for $219) for me on sales this year.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  17. lithdoc

lithdoc Well-Known Member

I'll be eyeing to get another cordovan wallet this year. That is hands down the best wallet I've ever owned, and since it seems they will be discontinued, I'll try to get one before they're all gone.

18. musicmax

musicmax Senior member

19. 518aata

518aata Senior member

Black Fleece sale - up to 40% off of regularly-priced merchandise.

20. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

BB clearance event again, 70% off...