1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Patek

Patek Distinguished Member

I was in the store picking up some stuff and I saw a Levi's denim jacket in a really dark almost raw wash in a much rougher texture than the usual BB Levi's offerings. Tried it on and it fit like a glove--tight where it should be and better than some ultra expensive denim jackets. I know the denim purists on here will be offended but I thought it was one of the better demim jackets that I have tried on. At 50% off I couldn't pass it up.

2. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Distinguished Member

Long time no Patek, looks like a good find. Even though you are use to big timer status...

3. thomaspaine

thomaspaine Senior Member

I'm told that the next Friends and Family (25% off) will be the third week of september, and corporate incentive (30% for corporate incentive members) will be mid October.

I wasn't too jazzed by the fall Black Fleece collection, but it looked surprisingly good when I tried it on in store. My experience with a lot of Thom Browne and Black Fleece is that the pieces look like something I would never be able to pull off, then I try it on and change my mind.

I like this sport coat, but I have no idea when I'd be able to wear it other than holiday parties. With jeans I felt like the world's best dressed lumberjack.

[​IMG]

4. Patek

Patek Distinguished Member

Ha! No big timer here. I have been working and am starting an EMBA program this month so my time and money goes there. I have been checking out the funny picture of the day and other stress-releaving threads. The girlfriend and I also plan to have a kid next year (still in the planning stage in order to get pregnant) so we used that as an excuse to order a X5 diesel (I guess that can be considered big time although we got a great deal due to the olympics and a USAA discount--go military benefits!).

Still waiting to see if Mitt Romney kills my industry (wind energy) so I may or may not be employed next year.

5. Liquidus

Liquidus Distinguished Member

Does BB have a labor day sale? I'm looking for a casual fall/winter coat and this Wool Country Coat looks pretty good.

6. texas_jack

texas_jack Stylish Dinosaur

Picked a double breasted GF suit at the outlet for $99. Even the SA couldn't believe the price and went in the back to check

7. amathew

amathew Distinguished Member

Seriously! How in the world? I thought the outlets only that 386/316/?? line?

That's a nice pick up!

8. texas_jack

texas_jack Stylish Dinosaur

I think it helps that it's an outlet in the wealthy Chicago suburbs. They get nice stuff occasionally.

Who's the woman in your handle?

9. amathew

10. amathew

I'm curious about this too. I need another pair of dress shoes.

I would think they have something for Labor Day, especially since it's apparently the new "black friday":
    http://t.co/OQOhwOmb

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Usually it's just the Friends and Family sale (25% off) sometime in September.

12. imanewbie

imanewbie Senior Member

waiting for made to measure please.....

13. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Distinguished Member

Do more research on your options. I'm a big fan of BB for many things, but I would not go there for MTM.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

14. AriGold

AriGold Distinguished Member

Bought some Brooks Brothers socks which are 65% wool, 35% nylon and made in italy. They were $10 a pair with 25% off. It appears it is from the 386 line.. any ideas on how these will hold up over time?

And in general any opinions on the quality of 386 line? I have seen many items that are made in USA and Italy... and I also bought a black bow tie.

15. dieselman89

dieselman89 Distinguished Member

Yea boy!