1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Patek

Patek Senior member

Besides my other purchases over the past few days, last night I realized that the website was deducting an additional 25% on men's already discounted accessories at checkout.

I picked up a Alligator wallet usually $500 for $261, A cordovan belt for usually $248 for $130, and a leather checkbook case usually $228 for $110.

The last few days I picked up some shoes and sweaters for my girlfriend too.

Waiting for my cordovan boots to arrive!

2. forex

forex Senior member

I placed an order on Nov. 24 and here we are on Nov. 29 and I have yet to even be charged for it, WTF? Has anyone received shipping confirmation or been charged?

3. hst

hst Senior member

I placed my order around the same time as you. My card has been charged today. So I take it that the stuffs should be on their way.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Stupid 240 last does not work for my feet. :fu:

5. forex

forex Senior member

It is the worst last CJ makes, I wonder if it actually fits anyone.

6. Patek

Patek Senior member

I'll let you know as soon as I get mine. How does it not fit your feet?

7. forex

forex Senior member

I bought shoes on this last, toe box is narrow and length is funky. I think I fall in between sizes 10.5 and 11, 11 is too long for me but more importantly, the toe box on both is too small. It is probably a good last if you have narrow feet but doesn't work well for normal widths.

8. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

i ordered on saturday (26th)
    it's still showing as "pending" on my bank account
    but i received a shipping confirmation last night

9. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

No shipping or update for me either.

10. Patek

Patek Senior member

Of the six orders I have placed over the last week, five have shipped.

11. ZackP

ZackP Well-Known Member

Just curious, what is the difference between factory outlet and regular stores? I have a factory outlet near me I want to check out (it's RIGHT next to a Van Heusen outlet).

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Puchased a humble tin of brown shoe cream for $6.30 shipped. 'twas shipped today. :satisfied:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

BB outlet quality is decent. Tagged as Brooks Brothers '346'. Double stitched shirts and fused collars. It's great bang for the buck if you are on a budget. Occasionally, they'll also get some regular line BB which is a great value on sale. Relatively speaking quality wise, they are in between Van Housen and Regular BB.

14. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I missed the 2 for 109 shirt sales. Would they have similar promo anytime soon?

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

2 for 109 is once a year I believe. Missed out on that as well. Next best sale is 40% off + 15% off around Christmas

16. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Isn't the 40+15 better than 2 for 109 on most shirts since they exclude their better shirts in the 2 for 109 deal anyway?

17. ZackP

ZackP Well-Known Member

NAMOR, thanks! :)

18. WBuffettJr

WBuffettJr Active Member

Are you sure this is accurate? I was under the impression that you could not combine any 15% corporate discount with the 40% off sales.

As far as 40% off goes, I think that is usually the morning after Christmas. I believe last year they also had a week in mid December where every day was something new at 40% off. But I don't think you could ever add 15%. They just finished off a 30% off sale on sweaters, and I was unable to stack a discount on that.

19. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

Off topic: Do the Milano chinos come in size 28 or 29?

20. Dr. D

Dr. D Senior member

Not everything is 40% off at the after Christmas sale. Last year OCBDs were their normal price with a 15% discount early on Dec 26, which is the price you can get them any day of the year with a corporate card discount. The best discounts I have seen for shirts are the after Fathers Day sale or the corporate card sales, which are 25% off. However, if you can get the 15% corporate card discount to stack with the 2 for $109 (which I have never been able to do) then that would be even better. FYI, BB did the 2 for $109 shirt deal last May also.