1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

10D. I agree I think they'll be gone too. I'm adding my name to the long list of people fed up with the new BB site. It's fucking terrible. No where during check out did it let me enter my Corporate ID # or gift card information.

2. mystry613

mystry613 Active Member

I think corporate members are supposed to sign in with a new account, which is "corporate" enabled, which allows you to enter your corporate id just once. I think you can see that warning for corporate members on the sign-on page. Fucked up doesn't begin to describe this total piece of shit for a website.

1 person likes this.
  3. forex

forex Senior member

New BB website is really horrible,I don't understand how this was even approved by BB management. It is probably the worst retail website out there, I had to spend 20 minutes on the phone placing my order because I didn't want to use that piece of shit website.

2 people like this.
  4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Think you're better off ordering from a sales associate in store anyway (free shipping).

5. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

No, but they should be happy to do them for the usual charge.

Agreed -- until the website is fixed, I wouldn't try to submit web orders.

6. forex

forex Senior member

What makes you think it will be fixed? It is a new website, I'm sure they spent a lot of money on it, I guess we just have to get used to it.

7. fashionnoob

fashionnoob Senior member

WTF is with the obscene sweater prices this year? I guess cashmere is the same as it usually is, but some of the items seem way over the top pricewise.

8. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

I had to call today to get the corporate discount added. Best bet is to make a new account.

9. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

It's been hit or miss for me. Most of the time for sleeve shortening or hemming the pants its been free but I have had to a couple of times. For major alterations you always have to pay.

10. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

That's what I thought...I need to have the usual hemming pants and sleeves shortened along with the sides of the jacket brought in, a pleat removed, braces buttons added, extra material in the legs narrowed and crouch brought up.

11. Patek

Patek Senior member

Five pairs? JC! You must have more tassels than a Brazilian samba school.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Check out member eddieveddrs b&s thread. Last I checked he has a bunch of smaller sizes available.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Oh and as stevent pointed out, it does appear as though they were purchased for $75

IMO, if I can buy a highly sought after pair of footwear for 60% off, then I really don't care how much the seller bought them for. Seems like a win-win. Makes me wonder how many more goodies BB has in their warehouse

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  14. forex

forex Senior member

I am not a boot guy but at $75 a pop, I would buy them!!:D

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

They are awesome boots at $600, $250, or $75. Now if only BBBF still had some of those double monk pebble grained shoooz laying around...

16. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

+1

17. bwp

bwp Senior member

I actually like the new site, I called in a while back to associate my corporate # with my existing account and it has worked fine since. Only crappy part is that it does not show you the discount until you are almost at the end of the checkout process.

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Is everything showing up at 30% off? Footwear as well? Left my corp ID card at home so not seeing anything

19. Dr. D

Dr. D Senior member

No problems for me - I ordered some cordovan LHS and got 30% off and free shipping as well. I could even find the cordovans through the standard menus and add more to my cart, unlike most BB sales when the entire cordovan section "vanishes" from the website in time for the sale.

While I am not a fan of the new website (particularly the corporate discount not showing up until the last page, after you enter CC info) I do like the new wishlist feature. I also hope they keep the free shipping for $200+ orders, as I place all my orders online since I don't have a non-346 store anywhere close to me in Maine.

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

Thanks, gotta get home quick then