When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, I just had a client do this and according to his wife he hasn't let it leave his side (no pun intended).

2. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    i like mine a lot

but then again, i bought mine last year when it was significantly cheaper to begin with + had bigger discount

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I like most of the Peals, but pricing them the same as the Alden-made shell is a real head scratcher for me.

4. furo

furo Senior member

Awesome, it looks like a great bag

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

Anyone else kind of not thrilled with the sales thus far? Tricky dicky BB

6. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

The private sector's doing fine.

7. jslade

jslade Senior member

I'm a bit disappointed that the selection of shirts in their ESF is so limited. I'm looking for a contrast collar shirt in a spread collar, but I don't see any on their web site.

8. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

I definitely share your frustration since this is the type of shirt I'm looking for as well. I have only found a few londoner collars and contrast collars are very rare unless you go to MTM. You could base the fit off your ESF size and choose all the features you would want; since I'm on a constant hunt for the same items I'll keep you in mind :)

9. Mazderati

Mazderati Well-Known Member

Sleven, what's up with the sale that starts Monday? Trying to decide if I should take the "two for $xxx" price with the corporate or wait until Monday.

10. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Is the sale that starts Monday the semi-annual? BTW good luck finding a true spread collar at BB. I have been looking for a spread collar in an extra slim white shirt and haven't found anything. I have been looking at a suit for a few months but wasn't impressed with the 30% off. Is that the lowest the suits typically go? Has anyone see the suits drop to 40%?

11. vezatron

vezatron Senior member

How does BB make any money when they don't have common sizes in stock? 32/32 fitz pants anyone? It is like the baffling inventory of K-Mart but with wool or linen blend pants.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

12. Sreezy36

Sreezy36 Active Member

Does anyone know if the BB Semi-Annual Sale will apply to any items that are already on clearance?..There are a few winter clearance items that I have been looking at and I was hoping that I would be able to apply the 40% discount to them.

13. Tjgreg

Tjgreg New Member

Thinking of grabbing a BB regent in herringbone grey.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...olor=GREY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Does the herringbone make it too informal for wear in a relatively formal office environment (think banking, law, etc.)? It seems like there are some conflicting views out there.

Also, if anyone owns or has seen this suit up close, can you comment on the size of the herringbone pattern? Tough to make out on the BB site.

14. phillyesq

phillyesq Senior member

Not sure if this is the same Regent herringbone suit that I have, but if it is, the pattern is very subtle. The herringbone does not make it too informal. I have no problem wearing it in a conservative environment.

15. amathew

amathew Senior member

There's been so many different BB sales I'm not sure, but i'm 75% sure that the sale on Monday is the semi-annual sale which will provide 25% off regular priced item. I'm pretty sure BB doesn't have the 'everyday deals' during their sales.