• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know when BB is going to have a 30% sale on shirts? I think the Brooks SA who's present in this thread posted a little while ago that one of these days BB would be doing 30% on shirts.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you guys know when BB is going to have a 30% sale on shirts? I think the Brooks SA who's present in this thread posted a little while ago that one of these days BB would be doing 30% on shirts.

Sportshirts were yesterday I think. Not sure when they are doing dress shirts.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had me worried for a second there -- looking for dress shirts specifically. :) Thanks for the input!

cruxter

Reaction score
how are the quality of BB's dress shirts? thinking about picking a few up during their sale next week.

Jackie Treehorn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

how are the quality of BB's dress shirts? thinking about picking a few up during their sale next week.

Depends on the range. Golden Fleece shirts are pretty good. Black Fleece shirts are also good, but fashion forward and typically non-staple colors. Mainline shirts are acceptable, but nothing special. Whatever the case, one can never have too many classic Brooks OCBDs; I tend to pick up a couple during the big quarterly sales.

Last edited:

cruxter

Reaction score
will it be a considerable upgrade from the crap i bought at mens wearhouse? haha

Snedley

Reaction score
Depends on the range. Golden Fleece shirts are pretty good. Black Fleece shirts are also good, but fashion forward and typically non-staple colors. Mainline shirts are acceptable, but nothing special. Whatever the case, one can never have too many classic Brooks OCBDs; I tend to pick up a couple during the big quarterly sales.
A couple is hardly "too many"
lol8[1].gif

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not as good as gold.

Black Fleece if anything has just as many standard dress shirts. Clean white / blue spreads and button downs, blue microchecks, solid tab collars.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about the made in usa luxury sea island dress shirts?

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All Brooks Brothers made in USA shirts are manufactured by the Garland Shirt Company in Garland North Carolina. Sea Island Cotton and other Luxury Line fabrics cost more than Supima oxford cloth so a Luxury Line shirt is more expensive than an OCBD. LL and GF buttons are also more expensive.

They do not put extra "quality" into the LL and GF shirts.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what do you guys think about the peal captoes?

i love the peal perforated captoes in both colors. but 30% is still kind of expensive for me to pull the trigger, I will cross my finger that my size will be there on boxing day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads