• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thomaspaine

Reaction score
Black Fleece sale starts tomorrow, 25-40% off depending on the item. I know suits and sports coats are going to be 40% off, non-cordovan shoes are 25% off. The polo I was looking at was 25% off. That's all I know.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Disagree here.  While the Cambridge cut is trendy, it's in no way too trendy for the office.  Less conservative than the Regent or Fitz, certainly, but only by a matter of degree.  The Cambridge cut is just bringing some of the styling of the BBBF line (shorter cut, sack fit, higher button stance, narrow 3-roll-2 lapel) down to the more affordable price of the 1818 line.  If you're young and thin, no reason to avoid it.  It's basically what everyone wears on Mad Men (though the jackets are single vent). 

I would note that the Cambridge blazer does have horn/plastic buttons, so depending on your taste it's either more casual or less garish than a traditional alternative.

For what it's worth, I own the hopsack Fitz blazer.  It's lighter weight, which is a relief in the summer.

If you are going to espouse a minority view, you should qualify it as such. Most would agree that blazer is too trendy for most business environments. If you know the general rules and feel it is fine for you and your workplace, that's fine. But noobs reading your post will think it's fine for most of corporate America, which is not the case.

Last edited:

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Fleece sale starts tomorrow, 25-40% off depending on the item. I know suits and sports coats are going to be 40% off, non-cordovan shoes are 25% off. The polo I was looking at was 25% off. That's all I know.

I wish BF had more shoe options, especially suede dress shoes in lighter colors.

Depending on how much off I get, I'll be looking to get a pair of the following:
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...lor=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dunno wtf is up w/ their email promos, but I didn't get the BBBF email on the last Flash sale until there were only like 12 hours left... that really rubbed me the wrong way

thomaspaine

Reaction score
I wish BF had more shoe options, especially suede dress shoes in lighter colors.

Depending on how much off I get, I'll be looking to get a pair of the following:
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...lor=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

I've noticed that there are more shoes in store than online. For example they only show the black C&J longwings online, but I saw walnut, black pebbled leather, and the old Alden cordovans (no size 9 though
ffffuuuu.gif
). Wasn't paying attention to suede though, sorry.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In store as in the SF store ?

I've noticed that there are more shoes in store than online. For example they only show the black C&J longwings online, but I saw walnut, black pebbled leather, and the old Alden cordovans (no size 9 though :fu: ). Wasn't paying attention to suede though, sorry.

imanewbie

Reaction score
oh boy gotta look at that one...

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, even with the sale going on BF is still super expensive. Damn you Thom Browne

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, even with the sale going on BF is still super expensive. Damn you Thom Browne
A slight detour, perhaps, but wasn't the original plan with BF to have a new, hip designer each year to design the collection? Have they had anyone do that since Thom Browne?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A slight detour, perhaps, but wasn't the original plan with BF to have a new, hip designer each year to design the collection?  Have they had anyone do that since Thom Browne?

Gabriel Zeller of Black Fleece said:
Black Fleece by Brooks Brothers started when Anna Wintour suggested Thom Browne design a line with Brooks Brothers. We listened, and created Black Fleece in 2007. Initially, we had Black Fleece as a designer laboratory where we’d switch designers every couple of years. However, when we saw the demand and curiosity resulting from what Thom Browne created as our designer, we decided to continue our partnership.
link

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads