When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. furo

furo Senior member

I'd stay away from any of the non-SAB cases. They are vastly inferior in quality, construction, and materials. Handled and inspected many of them before going w/ a custom case myself.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Cue all the sport coats on clearance at 50-60% the past few weeks being re-priced at 30% off full price.

3. hackerandbanker

hackerandbanker Member

Does anyone know whether and when Black Fleece is going to go on sale as well?

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Go 1 - 2 pages back in this thread and you will have your answer. IIRC, it was this week.

5. jp4266

jp4266 Member

If I just wanted to buy some basics like the Madison dress trousers should I be jumping on the 30% off today or wait for the clearance event next week?

6. TM79

TM79 Senior member

7. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

What is the diff. b/t BB sportscoats and blazers?

The 30% off ends up only being about 15-20% after tax and shipping. Not anything great. Not worth $800 a suit.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  8. GamaH

GamaH Well-Known Member

What's SAB stand for?

9. Booter

Booter Senior member

SAB: Swaine Adeney Brigg

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

That depends on how you intend to use it. The Cambridge cut is a pretty trendy cut with a shorter length and narrow lapels. If you intend to wear it to work, you might want to pick the Regent or Fitzgerald cuts, which are a more traditional option. I've got the 2 button Regent blazer and like it for the most part.

11. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Yeah, with it being my first navy blazer I'll want it to be office appropriate. I bought a Fitzgerald herringbone during the last sale and it fits me really well with minimal alternations needed, although the buttons on it look and seem extremely cheap. The Fitzgerald navy looks like it has those similar plastic buttons that look like they come loose easily. I guess I can just get that and swap out the buttons for better ones.

Is the post-Father's Day sale supposed to offer bigger discounts than today's sale?

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Buttons are easy to swap out if you do not like them. I had BB put different buttons on my blazer when they shortened the sleeves. The Fitzgerald is my favorite cut as well, but last time I checked the two Fitzgerald blazers were flannel and hopsack and there was no Saxxon wool option. I ended up going with the Regent because I did not like the hopsack material. If you go with the Fitz, you should try it on or see it in person before ordering.

Sleven can probably answer sale questions, but I imagine blazers will be 25 or 30% off during the semi-annual sale.

13. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

How about if you used your corporate discount to buy a gift card with your already discounted gift card?

14. urfloormatt

urfloormatt Well-Known Member

Disagree here. While the Cambridge cut is trendy, it's in no way too trendy for the office. Less conservative than the Regent or Fitz, certainly, but only by a matter of degree. The Cambridge cut is just bringing some of the styling of the BBBF line (shorter cut, sack fit, higher button stance, narrow 3-roll-2 lapel) down to the more affordable price of the 1818 line. If you're young and thin, no reason to avoid it. It's basically what everyone wears on Mad Men (though the jackets are single vent).

I would note that the Cambridge blazer does have horn/plastic buttons, so depending on your taste it's either more casual or less garish than a traditional alternative.

For what it's worth, I own the hopsack Fitz blazer. It's lighter weight, which is a relief in the summer.

15. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I'm not sure why BB would allow you to buy a gift card with another gift card. Maybe just me, but it seems like a strange thing to do.