Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Thanks man! Do you think this will be better than the semi annual summer sale?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012

2. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Thanks for the input! I cancelled my order. The slimmer look on the model was a little deceiving I guess.

3. dieselman89

I thought corporate discount codes used to work w/gift cards. did the policy change?

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

I thought this was the semi annual sale? Or is the semi annual around the 20th-?

5. knucks

knucks Senior member

Might as well throw this question out here:

Anyone with traps can comment: I'm down to a 43" chest. Shoulders aren't wide, about 19.5" works for shirts (seam-to seam).

Any thoughts on what fit would work well for me? My arms aren't big either, but I have lats, so if the arm holes are wayyy high, it wouldn't work.

Fitz or Regent?

6. amathew

amathew Senior member

People had mentioned that the Semi annual sale was the day after fathers day, but it's not clear when it is. And I had an SA at a BB Outlet store tell me that it was on the Friday after Father's day, which doesn't sound right from what I've heard.

7. dieselman89

Not sure, hopefully someone knows. $700 for a BB suit is not such a great deal.

8. jah1961

jah1961 Member

I stopped by my store the other day. My SA said the semi annual sale starts June 19th.

9. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

I size down 2 for the Madison and it works really well without tailoring. Your fit may vary.

It is more of a traditional fit, but it still doesn't look bad if you can fill the jacket out a little (and size down 2 from your normal Fitz/Milano/Regent size)

Reconsider!! It's a deal.

10. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

clarity

The sale I posted is NOT the semi-annual and no one else knows of this except for you men/women on this forum unless a SA let you know when in store.

Semi-annual officially starts on the 18th; stores usually do it the day before since the store has to change into sale mode anyhow.

The Semi-Annual is a clearance type sale where the basics go back to full price after the first two weeks while the fashion pieces (e.g. shirts, suits etc,) go to a deeper discount. At this point most common sizes are scarce. There is also a different type of "buy 2 get X amount off and buy 4 and get X amount off" for dress shirts and such. Our company has changed the sale slightly over the last two so I am actually say most of this in a general announcement.

To Etom*

There is a Regent Gab that is slimmer but they are hard to find in my store and I'm not sure what the deal is in regard to that.

Hope this helps :)

11. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

I mostly agree, except I don't think the body is *that* much bigger than a same-sized Fitz. I completely agree about the arms and armholes though, they ruin the cut for me. One of those things where it looks fantastic standing in the mirror, but much less flattering in motion or from the side.

Sounds like you'd require less padding, so probably the Fitzgerald. The armholes on either are high, but not uncomfortably so.

I'd be curious to see the p2p measurements of both. Anecdotally, I was happy with the shoulder and chest fit of a 38 in both Madison and Fitz. I have a feeling that sizing down would compound the problem I had with the low cut armholes (if I could even squeeze into a 36 Madison).

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I generally agree with your post, especially the part about sizing down for a Madison not really being an option since you've still got to fit your shoulders and chest in the jacket and the low arm holes/large arms will not go away with sizing down.

13. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

^^^^ I would also add that the fabric also plays a big part on how a jacket would fit for the same size and same cut.

In my experience, a more fabric that provides more 'give' like wool would certainly be more comfortable than say, cotton, if you do try to size down and have it fit closer to the body.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

14. goirishnd23

goirishnd23 New Member

will the June 12th Tailored Clothing sale stack with the every day value promotion of 2 suits for $1599?

15. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

What is your question here? Is your question, can you pay with a gift card while using your corporate discount or can you buy a gift card and apply the corporate discount? I don't think you can do the latter.