• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB just added Coniston boots to sale, I'd buy if they weren't black ******* nubuck, price is higher too. Why not $150?:D

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a question, in terms of fit, are these suits pretty slim. like Fitzgerald, Regent, or Milano fit.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone kopped my charcoal BB2 suit while I am on the phone with my bank trying to re-mortgage my house to finance my suit purchase. :censored:

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you need to check it out and come to your own conclusions. If you've just started reading SF/AAAC, etc., you'll find that people have varying perceptions of quality and value. The design, the love-him-or-hate-him nature of Thom Browne, and people's complicated feelings about the history of Brooks Brothers bring out the critics.

Plus, that AAAC thread is old--when the line first started it was more expensive and more of it was made in Italy.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe they won't let me stack my corporate discount on top of the 75% discount. :fu:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Being new into fashion and wanting to learn more about BB's Black Fleece line, I was doing some research when I cam across a few threads on askandyaboutclothes where people though BF was overpriced and poor quality. 

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?72970-Brooks-Brothers-Black-Fleece
What's the issue here? Right or Wrong?
Not trying to stir the pot, just incredibly ignorant on the topic.

I think you need to check it out and come to your own conclusions. If you've just started reading SF/AAAC, etc., you'll find that people have varying perceptions of quality and value. The design, the love-him-or-hate-him nature of Thom Browne, and people's complicated feelings about the history of Brooks Brothers bring out the critics.
Plus, that AAAC thread is old--when the line first started it was more expensive and more of it was made in Italy.

Yeah suits were $2700 each and then dropped to $1900. For $400 you are getting a full canvas southwick made suit in pretty good quality fabric. It's a good deal. Epaulet has a half canvas Southwick for $595 or $650ish and once you add on pants these are half price. Pretty much the same cut but not as shrunken. My other two suits were a bit more than this and I had to shop / wait a long time to get them. And like shoreman said, plenty of people just outright hate Thom Browne so anything associated with him is bad. AAAC is also much more MC than SW&D

Just a question, in terms of fit, are these suits pretty slim. like Fitzgerald, Regent, or Milano fit.

Fitz and Regent in 38S are a bit tight 40S doesn't feel right on me. BB2 is perfect. I like the more natural shoulders (Italian made ones have almost no padding) and the shorter length / sleeves as I'm short. Also it seems to be cut with higher armholes.

anyone who needed a staple suit in a staple color that didnt kop the BBBF suit is an idiot. Just buy the damn thing and refund if doesnt fit. Shipping was free for christ's sake

+1

Was that shipping or sales tax?
Dude you buy everything all the time. You buy all the things. No offense.
The BBBF is for many not a "staple cut" whatever the fabric

It's pretty staple minus the lapels but if you are under 25 and 6 foot it should have been an autokop. I had the exact Navy one I'm pretty sure and a pretty similar Caruso gray one so I got the charcoal. You can always finish sleeves nonworking and cut the locker loop off the back if it's not for you. People should mention tailoring costs in this as some people probably would want to spend the money on working cuffs at the tailor.

Last edited:

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fitz and Regent in 38S are a bit tight 40S doesn't feel right on me. BB2 is perfect. I like the more natural shoulders (Italian made ones have almost no padding) and the shorter length / sleeves as I'm short. Also it seems to be cut with higher armholes.

Should have been more clear, but I was asking about how the Black Fleece suits compared in fit to the three slim fits from the general BB line.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Should have been more clear, but I was asking about how the Black Fleece suits compared in fit to the three slim fits from the general BB line.

Ah ok, I'd say probably the slimmest? I don't have experience with those other than trying on every once in a while so can't be too sure. Americanish suits usually don't work for my shoulders as they are either two wide or too thin (front to back)

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From my experience with black fleece and the other BB suit lines, I would say for slimness milano > black fleece > fitzgerald. Milano seems to have a stronger drop than black fleece off the rack, but I am comparing a recent Milano to the season 1 black fleece. The fitzgerald fits like a sack suit on me compared to the other 2.

I typically wear a 36s/38s in RLBL (I'm in between the two due ot the exagerrated RLBL shoulders), and BB1 or milano 38s fit me with some waist suppression.

As someone else mentioned, if you are even considering it you should just pull the trigger. You can easily return it to a local BB or resell on the forums if it doesn't work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics