When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

This offer is the first thing you see when you open up the website. What a ridiculous promotion.

2. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

Allen Edmonds dark brown:

[​IMG]

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The flash must have lightened the previous picture as it looked considerably lighter than this picture and the AE dark brown color. I'm thinking about picking up a pair of these during the June sale and was curious whether there is a lighter shade of brown that others have used on the Peal's. I've found AE's dark brown a little too dark for my tastes and have been alternating between that and the AE Saddle Brown on my AE brown shoes. For the Peal's I was thinking about trying something different since the original color is lighter than my AE's.

Anyone using a lighter polish on their brown Peal's and have pictures/experiences to share?

4. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

There was no flash in either photo, but the second photo is a truer color as I took the time to set the white balance when taking that shot (the first shot is overexposed because of the dark brown - almost black - background). I can assure you that the single light coat of creme I added to the shoe did not darken the color in any noticeable way. If the color in the second photo is too dark for you, then they will be too dark for you out of the box.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

With the AE dark brown polish, I found it took several polishings before the shoe darkened a little too much for my taste. That's when I started alternating. I looked at the Peal shoe in the BB on LaSalle and think the color is perfect straight out of the box. Enjoy! Beautiful shoes!

6. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Noticed MTM event is happening in Canada; what's the Golden Fleece MTM price in the US for a 2 piece suit? It's 2k up here.

7. urfloormatt

urfloormatt Well-Known Member

For the man who has everything. Except, curiously, a single polo shirt in his wardrobe.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Do they actually come in 44 different colors? I still don't get it. :confused:

9. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Yes, even though many of the colors are very similar in appearance. There's a picture of all the colors on the BB website. www.brooksbrothers.com

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah it looks like they just change the logo a bit. If this was for oxford shirts I'd definitely consider

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Seriously? [​IMG] Two thousand dollars for 44 shirts works out to be $45 per shirt. Not even that great a savings for buying 44 shirts at once. That's pretty close to what I paid during the recent 30% off sale and the last post-Christmas sale. And I didn't have to buy 44 shirts to get that discount. I really don't know what BB is trying to do here.

13. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

I'd like to see some oxford-cloth shirts available in colors other than the five solids and two stripes that have been available for years. Like the green, gray and gingham that BBBF have had, but in a wider range of sizes.

14. raphaelargus

raphaelargus Well-Known Member

Anyone know if this next sale will stack with the everyday 2 for $1598 suit price? I seem to have a vague recollection that BB removes that everyday price on suits during sales.

I'm just debating getting two suits with the current price now in conjunction with my corporate card, which I know stacks, or waiting for the next sale and hoping they keep the everyday price on suits intact. Even at 25% or 30% off, unless the everyday discount stays, I'm better off just getting it now with the corporate card.

In other news, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but Regent suits are now drop 6, instead of drop 7 like they were in the past. A salesguy at 346 told me they had too many complaints that the pants were too small with a drop 7.

15. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The two for $1600 deal applies during some sales, so that it ends up being two suits for $1,200. I know the corporate incentive sale is one where it stacks. Not sure for other sales.