1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

I suppose they are both athletic so to speak, but we are treading into semantics a bit. If by athletic you mean a big drop, you may find that the less padded Fitzgerald looks more balanced on you after you get the waist taken in a smidge (if necessary). On the other hand, if by athletic you mean lean, you might appreciate that touch more padding that the Regent offers. As Sleven said, the difference will come down to personal preference, but I'm not sure if one works for you the other won't after a little bit of alteration. If I'm not mistaken, there are more canvassed jackets offered in Fitz than there are in Regent at present, so that may be a bigger factor for a lot of people (not to speak of single vs double vents).

2. Booter

Booter Senior member

Fully canvassed Madison sportcoat for $298. Maybe a closeout?

Corporate discount brings it down to $253.30 with free shipping.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  3. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

The site's been down for me all morning.

4. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

Hey guys I am currently unable to get on the forum during work hours (the time has come). I will obviously be on the forum but if you want a prompt reply to anything please email me from this point on.

also, just got told the sale I posted is a secret :satisfied:

Steven.Webb@BrooksBrothersStores.com

5. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

I'm around 5 10, would you recommend a 38R or Short?

6. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Regular

7. eotm

eotm Active Member

I know much of the discussion here is about suiting, but I actually am facing the inverse dilemma. Moving from a business formal to a business casual (finance, so still conservative patterns and dark pants) office, I need to get 4-5 new pairs of shirts and slacks. I wear a 14.5/34 extra slim BB shirt, but the slim fits also work for me, although they don't look as sleek. I was thinking of buying the luxury dress shirts (Egyptian cotton non-iron imports that retail for $135, not the Italian cotton made in USA that retail at $168). Are these well-constructed and worth buying at $70 (I like several patterns currently on sale) or should I just get 3 of the regular non-irons once they are on sale later this month. I've never bought BB trousers, as I'd always get a 2nd pair of slacks with each suit jacket and would wear that, do the fits roughly correspond to the madison/regent/fitz hierarchy like the coats? The midtown store only had madison trousers, mostly with pleats, I'm a slim guy looking for flat slacks that are lower-rise, does BB have anything for me?

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The gabardine slacks are a good deal at $170 for two ($85 each) when you buy them during a 25% off sale that stacks on the Brooks Buy everyday value. I would try them on, though, to see what fits. I wear the Fitzgerald/Regent fit suits, but wear the Madison gabardines and find them fairly slim fitting.

9. spitshine123

Thanks for the heads up. I never have the need to wear jackets/suits at work so this is actually my first canvassed jacket. I slightly regret getting my regular size though, as after a little bit of research it seems like the Madison is quite a full cut, and I should've probably sized down. Any experiences?

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

If you fit in a Regent or Fitzgerald, I would not buy a Madison. Even if you can size down, the arm holes are lower, the arms are huge and the thing is a tent. If you are slim enough to get into one of the other cuts, the Madison cut will not look nearly as good on you, even after alterations.

11. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Thanks man! Do you think this will be better than the semi annual summer sale?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  12. spitshine123

Thanks for the input! I cancelled my order. The slimmer look on the model was a little deceiving I guess.

13. dieselman89

I thought corporate discount codes used to work w/gift cards. did the policy change?

14. knucks

knucks Senior member

I thought this was the semi annual sale? Or is the semi annual around the 20th-?

15. knucks

knucks Senior member

Might as well throw this question out here:

Anyone with traps can comment: I'm down to a 43" chest. Shoulders aren't wide, about 19.5" works for shirts (seam-to seam).

Any thoughts on what fit would work well for me? My arms aren't big either, but I have lats, so if the arm holes are wayyy high, it wouldn't work.

Fitz or Regent?

16. amathew

amathew Senior member

People had mentioned that the Semi annual sale was the day after fathers day, but it's not clear when it is. And I had an SA at a BB Outlet store tell me that it was on the Friday after Father's day, which doesn't sound right from what I've heard.

17. dieselman89

Not sure, hopefully someone knows. $700 for a BB suit is not such a great deal.

18. jah1961

jah1961 Member

I stopped by my store the other day. My SA said the semi annual sale starts June 19th.

19. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

I size down 2 for the Madison and it works really well without tailoring. Your fit may vary.

It is more of a traditional fit, but it still doesn't look bad if you can fill the jacket out a little (and size down 2 from your normal Fitz/Milano/Regent size)

Reconsider!! It's a deal.

20. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

clarity

The sale I posted is NOT the semi-annual and no one else knows of this except for you men/women on this forum unless a SA let you know when in store.

Semi-annual officially starts on the 18th; stores usually do it the day before since the store has to change into sale mode anyhow.

The Semi-Annual is a clearance type sale where the basics go back to full price after the first two weeks while the fashion pieces (e.g. shirts, suits etc,) go to a deeper discount. At this point most common sizes are scarce. There is also a different type of "buy 2 get X amount off and buy 4 and get X amount off" for dress shirts and such. Our company has changed the sale slightly over the last two so I am actually say most of this in a general announcement.

To Etom*

There is a Regent Gab that is slimmer but they are hard to find in my store and I'm not sure what the deal is in regard to that.

Hope this helps :)