1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is the best time to shop for a suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brlfvr, Feb 5, 2008.

1. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

I would check the Rack by South Coast Plaza ASAP. Nordies' mens sale just ended and the stuff that didn't sell is either there already, or will be there soon.

when did Nordstrom have a men's sale??? dang, was this nationwide?? what was the percent off??

2. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

I'm going to echo the Thick as Thieves recommendation, especially since you're in the area and could likely do a personal visit. Check out the website, because it seems to fit exactly what you're seeking, hip but still classic and extremely well fitted as it will be made for you.

TaT seems like a cool place....too bad am on the east coast otherwise I would pay them a visit for a couple 40L flat front suits

3. brlfvr

brlfvr Senior member

Going to try to hook up with get smart next week to talk about a suit. In the meantime went to bloomingdales to try on a few things. For what it's worth for us skinny ass guys that have a problem with OTR 36R. Tried on a D&G that fit great. Problem I had was that I wasn't a fan of the cut of the pants which sat lower on the hip. Also Theory was a great fit. Just didn't have much of a color/fabric selection. The D&G was $998 I believe and the Theory was $698. Ask sales person if there was a sale coming up on suits and she told me there was in March. She would say much beyond that. I guess it's not in here best interest since she would've rather sold me a suit full price. Thanks for the advice again guys.

4. PTN

PTN Active Member

Don't know if it's your cup of tea, but Hickey Freeman boys suits (His First), size 20 are pretty much size 36R. The chest is about 38 to 39, the shoulders are 17.5" and the length (from bottom of collar) is about 29.75". Three-button single breasted jackets with single vent and plain front pants. They don't have retail stores in LA (have to go to San Francisco or New York), so you'll have to go to their website.

5. PTN

PTN Active Member