1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

When is a Shoe Tree too big?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Star, Mar 16, 2009.

1. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

Few trees will encompass the entire inside of the shoe, save perhaps a few expensive, custom designed trees, matched to their shoes. Maybe.

In practice - as opposed to in theory - your shoe trees are fine and effective. Don't worry about it.

2. lullemans72

lullemans72 Member

Hi,and thanks for the quick reply.

I see. I thought the shoe's shape nor the creases would be maintained as well with my current shoe trees, but if you say so I will take your word for it.

I paid about 190 USD (converted from JPY) for the shoes by the way, so while they're not top range, they aren't of the cheapest variety either.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  3. jseaford

jseaford New Member

Hi Star, I sell shoe trees, and I can qualify that what the lady said is correct, they should be tight. But she's selling stuffed turkeys in Easter if she needs to convince you that elbow grease is required to insert them. If the tree is not made in the U.S., it's most likely from China and most likely made for a European audience. This causes obvious problems when a re-seller is trying to marry up the European sizes with US/UK sizes - seldom a perfect fit.