• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When does Brooks Brothers Have their Semi annual sale?

jays978

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering when the best time to purchase from the ol' Brooks. I'm looking to stock up. Is their SA sale approaching?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ As he says, it's right now. This is not the best time to buy. The deals aren't very good.

Embargo63

Reaction score
I guess it's no secret that sales during/shortly after Turkey Day & Xmas are considered "best", but aside from waiting another six months to make any big purchases, when would there be a better time than now?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Embargo63
I guess it's no secret that sales during/shortly after Turkey Day & Xmas are considered "best", but aside from waiting another six months to make any big purchases, when would there be a better time than now?
The recently passed Friends and Family sale would have been a better time to "stock up" since you can stack the every day value prices with the 25% off. The recent corporate event would have been better as well. So, I'd say the next time either of these sales happen would be your best bet. With the way BB operates these days, I can't imagine it's going to be much more than 2 months before one of these sales reappears. On edit: Unless you want to buy a pair of shell cordovan shoes. They are 25% off which is the most they're discounted besides the day after Christmas (25%+15% kicker).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the sale is twice a year.
teacha.gif

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does look like a good time to stock up on repp stripes.

enarchay

Reaction score
Is it a decent time to buy shirts? I was planning to buy three shirts since I was only able to purchase two last sale.

minervau

Reaction score
Cheap that they don't stack these discounts. So they went 30% off on suits that were already basically 25% off if you bought 2 . . . now you can grab an 1818 for $700, which is an unexceptional price. I say wait for big ticket stuff (in the friends and family you could have gotten 2 1818's for $1000), but smaller stuff like shirts, socks, polos are worth getting now.

sixpence

Reaction score
Can you clarify that this is not the best time?

By that I assume you mean better prices, but will the sizes still be available?

I'm looking at the fitzgerald two button suit. Its $630 from $900 which is 30% off but just about every size is available. Will that same supply be there during the thanksgiving time? I guess this isn't that great a deal because they have them 2 for $1500.

Anyhow this is going to be my first educated suit purchase and I want to get the best deal. I don't need it for a while but would like to pick it up soon.

jays978

Reaction score
Is there a coupon/kicker floating around that I can add on top of the sale? Really just looking to buy some staple solid color dress shirts. Thanks in advance guys.

Also the sale is also in stores, no?

adamp

Reaction score
Right now until January 2, 2015 the are offering 15% off including off of already marked down things. So there is a lot that is marked down 50% and then you get an extra 15%. I'm wondering if after 1/2/2015 the extra % gets bigger like instead of 15% it becomes an extra 25% off. Anyone know?

capegirr

Reaction score
I am looking to make my first ever suit purchase as well as some dress shirts as I transition to the work world. I'm curious if I go to a store, will I be able to get (whatever the suit itself is discounted) + 15% Christmas kicker + 15% if you sign up for a credit card? Does anyone else know if this will be an option?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads